5th year guitar playing anniversary

MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
09/14/2005 9:45 am
my 5th year anniversarry is comming up fast and im practising cliffs of dover as gift for myself....

i need some help with the song...

what tricks do you know ej uses on that song..

my set up is strat--ts-808(clone)-->chorus---> delay--->fender princeton(clone)

do you think it will do the trick..

I just wanted to get the sound as close as possible
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/14/2005 11:46 am
That exact sound is in one of the PODxt model packs, you might be able to get the settings at www.line6.com
Navigate through the site to the custom tones for the POD and do a search. At the very least should get a breakdown of the effects and amps used, you might even get a fairly good description of the levels for each effect. Hope this helps.
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/18/2005 8:23 pm
sorry i cant help you with anything. but im just saying.... did you actually like write down the day you began playing or something? is that how you know your guitarplaying-anniversary? cuz i dont have any specific time i began playing... it kind of happened over a period of a couple months when i began getting serious...
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 3
tomcas929
Blues, Blues-Rock Fanatic
tomcas929
Blues, Blues-Rock Fanatic
09/18/2005 11:51 pm
Sound is a big subject...of which I don't claim to know it all. But this I do know. Our ears hear differently at different volumes. Aside from all the technical bits about EJ's setup there is one factor you cannot reproduce from a pod patch and that is the nuances and interaction you get from a LOUD amplifier. It can be recreated to a surpising degree...but it can never be the same. I know that is not an option for many, but it is the truth. And this is coming from a person who lives and practices in an apartment....so I feel the pain of that reality. There are answers though. I belong to a club at a studio that has a program for "solo" guitar players. When available, they rent their empty rooms for 6 bucks an hour to people who want to practice just that sort of LOUD playing....at least that's what I use it for. Experimenting with volume for 6 dollars is a hell of a lot cheaper than fines your locals will hit you with trying to do it in your apt. Ask around your local studios if they might do such a program. You'll get to use their quality gear too...you just provide the effects to get exactly what you're looking for.
# 4
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
09/20/2005 9:52 am
sori i wasnt able to reply.. many of the internet cafe around town got raided by authorities .. they said for pirated OS .. Most of the system here is Microsoft..

I heard the pod sample. its quite close but i think somethings is quite wrong with it.(probably the chorus)

another question

how do you play this stuff
+
e-----10----(10)--
B------8-----(8)--
the tab says its harmonic...

# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/20/2005 5:05 pm
Here's his setup from guitargeek.com:

I started playing spring break of my Sophomore year in college which would've been the third week of March 2001. :) I make a 30 - 60 minute video of myself every year around that time. You can see more about what I mean ->here<-
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
09/21/2005 7:54 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91sorry i cant help you with anything. but im just saying.... did you actually like write down the day you began playing or something? is that how you know your guitarplaying-anniversary? cuz i dont have any specific time i began playing... it kind of happened over a period of a couple months when i began getting serious...

well i dont remember the exact day but all I know is that i got my first guitar after october 13 and ones i had it ive been addicted to it ever since..

started playing in my sophomore year 2

# 7
rockonn91
rockonn91
09/21/2005 8:05 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggHere's his setup from guitargeek.com:

I started playing spring break of my Sophomore year in college which would've been the third week of March 2001. :) I make a 30 - 60 minute video of myself every year around that time. You can see more about what I mean ->here<-

what i would give for that set up..... man
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/21/2005 8:23 pm
Originally Posted by: rockonn91what i would give for that set up..... man

Thousands of dollars! :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.