(Revised August 28, 2021)
Welcome to the Guitar Tricks learning service (referred to herein as either www.guitartricks.com, the “app”, or the "Site"), owned and operated by Guitar Tricks Inc. ('Company"). Subject to the following Terms of Service ("Terms"), Guitar Tricks provides users of the Site with access to services, including a collection of guitar lessons, guitar and guitar-playing resources, and forums of users and subscribers ("Services").
We reserve the right to add, delete and/or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. In the event of substantive changes to the terms of this Agreement, you will be notified with a notice on the site. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to discontinue use of the Services. Your continued use of the Services following posting of a change notice or new agreement on the Site or notice to you via e-mail, will constitute your binding acceptance of the changes.
3. COMPANY SERVICES. Company provides three (3) levels of access to the Site and its Services:
4. SUBSCRIPTION - AUTOMATIC RENEWAL AND CANCELLATION POLICIES. If you are a subscriber, you agree that your subscription shall renew automatically, and that you authorize automatic renewal of your subscription until it is cancelled. You can cancel the automatic renewal of your subscription at any time. To do so, contact us using any of the methods described at www.guitartricks.com/contact.php and provide your account username or account email address. Your account will be canceled within two (2) business days of receipt and acceptance of your cancellation. Company will refund any payment made within sixty (60) days of the payment date.
5. USERNAME/PASSWORD PROTECTION. Upon registering, you will either choose or be given a username and password that will permit you to access the appropriate level of services for the Site. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect and ensure the accuracy of any login, password or payment information provided in connection with the Services. You further agree to be the sole user of your username/password and the Services, and to promptly notify Company if this is not the case.
6. USER CONTENT. You hereby grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE AND SERVICE. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; (f) threaten, harass, abuse, slander, defame or otherwise violate the legal rights (including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity) of third parties; (g) publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, vulgar, defamatory, infringing, obscene, tortious, indecent, unlawful, offensive, immoral or otherwise objectionable material or information or (h) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
A. Print and Download Restrictions. The Site may at times contain proprietary and original material licensed from Third Parties. The terms under these licenses may prohibit the downloading and/or printing of such material by users. Company is obliged under such licenses to disable the user's ability to download and/or print such content. Any attempt by you to circumvent these restrictions is a violation of the Terms and may result in termination of service and appropriate legal action.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES. The name "Guitar Tricks" and its logo are trademarks of Company. The Site contains proprietary, original material that is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. Company, our instructors and our licensors retain all intellectual property rights with respect to such proprietary, original material. It is understood that anyone who misappropriates the Company's name or content for commercial use, without the express permission of the Company, may subject himself to civil or criminal penalties. Similarly, any commercial publication or exploitation of the Services or any content provided in connection therewith is specifically prohibited and anyone wishing to do so must first request and receive prior written permission from Company. Note that the use of tablature throughout the Service featuring weighted lines of varying thickness used to represent chord or fretboard diagrams is licensed under U.S. Patent Number 7,482,525.
10. LINKS. Company welcomes links to its www.guitartricks.com web site. You are free to establish a hypertext link to this Site provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement by Company. Company often links to web sites that are not under its control. Company is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Company provides links only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the web site by Company.
11. DISSEMINATION, DISCONTINUANCE OR MODIFICATION OF SERVICES. Company may change or discontinue any of its Services or its dissemination of the lessons of any instructor, category and type of music, resources and data, and works of specific contributors, at any time and without notice and without liability to you. Company may change or eliminate any transmission method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics. Company, at its sole discretion, may occasionally make modifications to the Site, its servers, and the information, resources and data contained therein, including the Services and/or Company's Full Access content.
12. DISCLAIMER. Please read this Disclaimer carefully before using any of the Services, including subscribing to the Company's Full Access content.
You understand and agree that the Services available on the site are provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis. Company hereby disclaims any and all warranties with respect to the Services, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, accuracy, title and non-infringement. In connection with the foregoing you expressly agree that use of this site is at your sole risk and without any warranty and that such exclusion of warranties is an essential part of the basis on which Company provides the Services.
You expressly agree that use of the Services, including all lessons and content distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through this Site, is at your sole risk. You understand and agree that you will be solely responsible for any damage to you or your computer system or for any loss of data that results from the use of the Services by you.
Company will make all reasonable efforts to have the Services available on a 24-hour basis, excluding normal network administration and system down time, but if access is suspended or interrupted, liability will be limited to restoring access to the Services as soon as practical.
With respect to merchandise sold or given as gifts on the Site, any references to their retail or market value represent their "estimated market value." Estimated market value means that reasonable good faith efforts have been made by Company to determine actual retail value of the merchandise. Given the rarity and unique qualities of the products, and the lack of available and reliable market data, the values represented on the Site are estimates only and should not be relied upon as true indications of actual retail or market value.
13. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. Under no circumstances shall Company be liable, whether alleged as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), equity or otherwise, for any cost of cover or substitute service or any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising from or in connection with the use the Services, or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of transmissions of lessons or of other information that is sent or received, including but not limited to damages for lost profits, even if Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
14. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally-mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed on the rights of Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. Company’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide Company with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Company’s designated agent at:
Guitar Tricks Inc
268 Bush St #4400, San Francisco, CA 94104
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; ARBITRATION.
THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE FOREGOING DISPUTE RESOLUTION AGREEMENTS RESULT IN EACH PARTY GIVING UP HIS, HER OR ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ALL ISSUES. EACH PARTY HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVES HIS, HER, OR ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL DISPUTED ISSUES IN ANY MANNER RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
C. No Class Actions. You and Company agree that either of you may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, you agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings of more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
D. Cause of Action. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
17. GENERAL PROVISIONS
A. Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement cannot be changed or modified except as provided herein.
B. Waiver; Severability. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement will not be deemed or construed as a waiver of such term or condition, or of any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such determination shall not affect any other provision hereof, and the unenforceable provision shall be replaced by an enforceable provision that most closely meets the commercial intent of the parties.
C. Binding Effect. This Agreement will be binding on the assigns, heirs, executors, affiliates, agents, personal representatives, administrators, and successors (whether through merger, operation of law, or otherwise) of each of the parties.
D. Notice. Any notice, approval, request, authorization, direction or other communication under this Agreement shall be given in writing and shall be deemed to have been delivered and given for all purposes on the delivery date if sent by electronic mail to the addresses provided to and by you upon registration with Company, or as properly updated, or, in the absence of a valid electronic mail address, via any other method Company may elect in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, via posting on the Website.
E. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. This Agreement will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements entered into and to be wholly performed in California, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Any and all disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be resolved in the manner set forth in Arbitration clause above.
F. Rights Cumulative. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the rights and remedies of the parties provided under this Agreement are cumulative and are in addition to any other rights and remedies of the parties at law or equity.
G. Headings. The titles and headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.
H. No Third Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their authorized successors and permitted assigns. Nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any person or entity, other than the parties hereto and their authorized successors and permitted assigns, any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
I. Assignment. Company may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement at any time to any party. You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement without obtaining Company's prior written consent.
1. INTRODUCTION. GUITAR TRICKS INC. (“us,” “we,” or “Company”) is committed to respecting the privacy rights of its customers,
visitors, and other users of the Company Website (“the Site”) and Mobile Applications (“the Apps”), together referred
our Services and to demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices and to the protection of privacy. This Privacy
Policy is only applicable to the Services, and not to any other websites that you may be able to access from the Services,
each of which may have data collection, storage, and use practices and policies that differ materially from this Privacy
a. “Personal Data” and “Personal Identifiable Information” are data about an identified or identifiable individual. Personal
Data may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card information, and any other information that is connected
with you and may identify you personally.
b. “Processing” of Personal Data means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether
or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval,
consultation, use, disclosure or dissemination, and erasure or destruction.
c. “Controller” means a person or organization which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means
of the processing of Personal Data.
d. “Agent” or “Processor” means any person or organization that processes Personal Data on Controller’s behalf.
e. “Customer” means the subscriber of or visitor to the Company’s Site or Apps, or otherwise accesses the Company’s Services.
3. COMPANY’S LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Any use of your Personal Data must be for a lawful purpose.
In Company’s case, the Personal Data requested from you (e.g., your name, address, email, billing information, etc.)
is necessary for the entering into and the performance of the lawful contract between Company and you, under which terms,
you may use and enjoy the Company’s Services. Company shall also use the information to promote its services within its
subscription base and, with your permission, may share it with third party or affiliate companies interested in marketing
similar products to you.
4. COMPLIANCE WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION’S GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR). In keeping with Company’s commitment
to comply with the various rules and regulations relating to safeguarding and protecting Personal Data it receives from
its customers in the United States, in the European Union, and elsewhere, Company has chosen to undertake a good faith
effort to comply the European Union’s GDPR and the obligations it imposes on controllers and processors of EU Personal
Data, and to incorporate the privacy terms required for GDPR compliance herein.
6. PRIVACY PRINCIPLES ADHERED TO BY COMPANY PERSONNEL. Company will ensure that its personnel engaged in the processing
of Customer Data and Personal Data (i) will process such data only on instructions from Customer, and (ii) will be obligated
to maintain the confidentiality and security of such data even after their engagement ends.
Furthermore, Company hereby complies with Privacy Shield’s Notice Principle which requires Company to inform all
participants of the Services about:
a. Its participation in the Privacy Shield (see Paragraph 5 above)
b. The types of personal data collected and the entities or subsidiaries of the organization also adhering
Principles (see Paragraph 7(a) below)
c. Its commitment to subject to the Principles all personal data received from the EU and/or Switzerland in
the Privacy Shield (see Paragraph 5 above)
d. The purposes for which it collects and uses personal information about them (see Paragraphs 3 and 7(b)
e. How to contact the Company with any inquiries or complaints (see Paragraph 17 below)
f. The type or identity of third parties to which it discloses personal information, and the purposes for
which it does so
(see Paragraph 7(d) below)
g. The right of individuals to access their personal data (see Paragraph 12 below)
h. The choices and means Company offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal
Paragraph 9 below)
i. The independent dispute resolution body designated to address complaints and provide recourse free of
charge to the
individual, which in this case is an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the U.S. (see
j. Company being subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC (see Paragraph 5 above).
k. The possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration (see
Paragraph 17(b) below)
l. The requirement to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities
m. Company’s liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties (see Paragraph 7(b)(ii) below)
7. TYPES AND USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
i. TRAFFIC DATA COLLECTED (NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION). We automatically track and collect the following
categories of information when you visit our Services: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers
accessing the Services; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”).
Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes
or for improving your experience on the Services. We also use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests,
to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password so you do not have to
re-enter it each time you visit the Services.
ii. PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED. In order for you to access certain premium, services and to purchase
products that we offer via our Services, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies
you. Personal Identifiable Information includes the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as
your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and, if you call our “Call for Guitar Help” service, your phone number);
(2) Geographical Information (such as time zones, locales) (3) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card
number, your Paypal email address, or your billing address); (4) Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age, and
income); (5) Facebook Profile and ID (we access the first and last names and email address from customer’s public
profile information); and Google Account Information (we access the first and last names and email address from customer’s
public profile information) . If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin
boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such
communication may be collected as Personal Information. If you choose to participate in one of our optional marketing
research surveys, contests, or other promotional and marketing events at the site, the demographic information asked
for (e.g., name, age, gender, and income level) will be collected and retained by us for marketing purposes as described
i. COMPANY USE OF INFORMATION. We act as a “Controller” of information we receive from you in that we use your Contact
Data to send you information about our company or our products or services, or to provide you with promotional material
from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications
for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We use your Demographic Data to customize
and tailor your experience on the Services, such as displaying content that we think you might be interested in according
to demographic data and your expressed preferences.
ii. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We share certain categories of information we collect from you to the following
parties for the following purposes:
• We share Demographic Data with advertisers and other third parties only on an aggregate (i.e., non-personally-identifiable)
• We share Contact Data with other companies who may want to send you information about their products or services,
unless you have specifically requested that we not share Contact Data with such companies.
• We also share Contact Data and Financial Data with our business processing partners who assist us by performing
core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, or data storage and security) related to our operation of
the Services. Company may hire such third parties to provide certain limited or ancillary services on its behalf.
Customer consents to the engagement of these third parties as Sub-processors.
• Contractual obligation of all entities with whom we share Personal Data to adhere to Privacy Principles. Because
Company is liable for any breach of personal information it transfers to third parties, by express written agreement
with Company, those third parties shall warrant and represent that they likewise comply with the same Privacy
Principles as those required by GDPR and by Privacy Shield, and shall take reasonable and appropriate measures to
protect any shared data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into
due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
• Obligations of our business processing partners only. Our agreement with our business processing partners,
or agents, provide that such Personal Data shared may only be processed for limited and specific purposes consistent
with the consent provided by the customer, that they shall comply with the same level of privacy protection as
provided by the Company, and that they will otherwise notify Company if the processor can no longer meet this obligation.
In such an event, the agreement will stipulate that the processing partner will immediately cease the processing
and shall take other reasonable and that Company shall take appropriate steps to remediate. The agreement shall
further provide that, should an unauthorized breach occur involving their data security systems, our processing
partners shall immediately inform Company.
• Company may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities,
including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
c. Location and Retention of Customer Data. Unless otherwise expressed herein, the Personal Data collected by Company
shall be kept in its central server and shall remain only as long as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the service
agreement between Company and customer, or, with customer’s approval, in perpetuity, until customer requests its removal.
d. Summary of Data Recipients, Users, Purposes, and Retention Periods.
Recipient of Data
Personal Information (name; phone number; email; address); Computer information (IP; Browser type); Demographic Information
(zip code, age, income); Financial Information (credit card number, PayPal address, billing address); Geographical
information (Locale, Time Zone); Facebook Profile; Google Profile
Information is necessary to effectuate the service agreement between Company and customer, for customer support,
and to allow Company to promote and market the service within its customer base. Facebook and Google public profile
information are accessed by Company only to record the “name” and “email” of customer, again for effectuating the
agreement and for internal marketing.
Information shall be retained and used in its central server only as long as necessary to fulfill the requirements
of the service agreement between Company and customer, or, with customer’s approval, in perpetuity, until customer
requests its removal.
Mobile Advertising, Marketing, and Attribution Networks
Personal Information (email); Device information (IP; Device type, in-app events, advertising IDs); Geographical
information (Locale, Time Zone);
Information is necessary to effectuate the service agreement between Company and customer, for customer support,
and to allow Company to promote and market the service within its customer base.
8. DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION. If Company becomes aware of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction,
loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Customer Data or Personal Data while processed by Company
(each a “Security Incident”), Company will promptly and without undue delay (1) notify Customer of the Security Incident;
(2) investigate the Security Incident and provide Customer with detailed information about the Security Incident; (3)
take reasonable steps to mitigate the effects and to minimize any damage resulting from the Security Incident. With respect
to breach of Personal Data of citizens of the EU, Company shall comply with GDPR requirements and take immediate steps
to notify the supervisory authority “without undue delay” and within 72 hours of discovering the breach, where feasible.
Company’s obligation to report or respond to a Security Incident under this section is not an acknowledgement by Company
of any fault or liability with respect to the Security Incident.
9. CUSTOMER’S CHOICES REGARDING USE OF INFORMATION; CUSTOMER’S RIGHT TO OPT-OUT. You may choose not to provide us with
any Personal Information. In such an event, you may still access and use much of the Services, however, you will not
be able to access and use those portions of the Services that require your Personal Information. If you do not want us
to share your Contact Data with any third parties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or select the “opt out”
box on our online forms. In addition, we maintain a procedure for you to review and request changes to your Personal
Information; this procedure is described in Section 11 below.
a. Assignment of Personal Information in the Event of Sale or Change in Business Status. In the event of a sale of the
business, or company bankruptcy, we may be required to sell portions of our company or its assets, including the information
collected through the Services. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, customer
information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. It shall be a necessary condition of any transfer
10. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Customer’s personal payment information (e.g., credit card information)
is currently stored with a third-party payment processing company, Braintree or PayPal. We do not store credit card information
keep your other personal information private on secure servers and will not share it with third parties, unless such
disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with a court order or other legal process; (b) protect our rights or property;
or (c) enforce our Terms of Service. We provide you with the capability to transmit your Personal Data Information via
secured and encrypted channels if you use a similarly equipped web browser.
11. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER. Company has designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to regularly monitor and maintain the
systems and processes relating to Company’s proper handling of Personal Data Information, and to make sure that
appropriate safeguards be in place to ensure that any processing and retention of Personal Data complies with the GDPR
and Privacy Shield requirements. Moreover, the DPO shall be responsible for the record-keeping relating to all
processing activities, for the purposes of demonstrating compliance with GNPR and Privacy Shield, should a compliance
audit be requested.
12. PROCESS TO ACCESS, UPDATE, CORRECT, OR ERASE PERSONAL INFORMATION. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm
that your Personal Information remains correct and up-to-date. At any time, you may visit your personal profile at
Through your personal profile you may: (a) review and update your Personal Information that we have already collected;
(b) choose whether or not you wish us to send you information about our company, or promotional material from some of
our partners; and/or (c) choose whether or not you wish for us to share your Personal Information with third parties.
13. DATA PORTABILITY. Upon your request, Company shall provide your Personal Data in a machine-readable format, or electronically
transmit your Personal Data, directly to another Controller.
14. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN. Our Services are intended for a general audience, and we do not direct any of our content
specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of
children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of our Services is under age 13, we will
promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account. Special notice regarding Citizens and residents of the
European Union: Citizens of the EU who are younger than 16-years-old may provide personal information provided consent
is actually given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
15. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION. You must promptly notify us if your credit card, user name, or password is lost, stolen,
or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, user name, or password from your
account and update our records accordingly.
16. PUBLICLY-RELEASED INFORMATION. The Services contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for
the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups
available to you. Please understand that any information you voluntarily disclose in these areas becomes public information
and is not our responsibility. Thereafter, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information
in such venues.
17. DISPUTES REGARDING PERSONAL DATA COMPLAINTS
a. Complaint Process. Company commits to resolve complaintsabout our collection or use of your personal information. Any individual,
including EU individualswith inquiries or complaints regarding ouruse of Personal Data,or any other matter arising
Officer at email@example.com. Company shall respond in a reasonable time not to extend beyond 45 days.
Within the scope of this privacy notice, if a privacy complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through Guitar Tricks
Inc’s internal processes, Guitar Tricks Inc has agreed to participate in the
VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure.
Subject to the terms of the VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure, VeraSafe will
provide appropriate recourse free of charge to you. To file a complaint with VeraSafe under the Privacy Shield Dispute
Resolution Procedure, please submit the required information to VeraSafe here:
b. Good Faith Negotiation; Arbitration. Should VeraSafe’s services not result in a full and complete settlement of the
dispute, either party may then elect to resolve any remaining dispute through a neutral, binding, non-appearance-based
arbitration under the Commercial Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association conducted in San
Francisco, California.The Arbitrator and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the
arbitration will be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, by telephone, online or based solely on written
submissions; (b) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise
mutually agreed by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any
court of competent jurisdiction.
THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE FOREGOING DISPUTE RESOLUTION AGREEMENTS RESULT IN EACH PARTY GIVING UP HIS, HER
OR ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ALL ISSUES. EACH PARTY HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVES HIS, HER, OR ITS RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL WITH
RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL DISPUTED ISSUES IN ANY MANNER RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR PERFORMANCE
OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
c. No Class Actions. You and Company agree that you may bring claims against the other only in your individual capacity
and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, you agree that
the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings of more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over
any form of a representative or class proceeding.
d. Cause of Action. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising
out of or related to use of this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose
or be forever barred.
other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Services.
address and data?