Boss ME-50

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/11/2004 4:35 am
I have been really interested by and contemplating on purchasing this piece of equipment. The idea sounds great, but do the actual sound's sound great (or at least very acceptable)? I'm sick and tired of my PODxt and all that mumbo-jumbo and am getting a real amp, but don't want to spend alot on pedals...i.e. tuner, overdrive, chorus, delay, etc... you get the picture. my question is...is the ME-50 worth it? the closest one to me is alot farther away than I want to drive, so I'm thinking about using musiciansfriend.com to buy it, and if I really don't like it, return it. Would I be making a mistake by doing that? because it would cost me alot more in gas to drive and test it out than it would to buy it and then return it using musiciansfriend.com. any thoughts, ideas, or opinions.......
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/11/2004 6:13 am
I ove my ME-50 - it has realy good sounds and is very versatile and easy to use. the only letdown is, that there is no seperate footswitch to go up and down the banks - but i got myself a cheap footswitch for a few bucks and thats it. i dunno what that thing costs in your area, but i got it for 300 bucks and it was VERY worth it.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
02/13/2004 4:49 am
Hey, Az, how would you compare it to a GT-6? Better sound quality? Worse? Have you ever even used a GT-6?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/13/2004 6:33 am
i´d say same sound quality, but less possibilities than the gt-6. (tested both). i´d say for that small amount of money the ME-50 is the best pedal on the market.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.