Messed up mind in here... <--

Daan
Daan
01/05/2001 4:41 am
I play the keyboard for about 10 months and the guitar for about 2 months. I already started a topic where i was bothering you all with the fact that i could only play one hour maximum in one time instead of 6 hours. Well now I cant even play an hour. I get fed up with it easely. I realy want to be good at it! Maybe its becouse i have depressions my whole 17 years. I realy want to get into my instruments. People say its "good" to have depressions to get a feeling into what your doing, but i cant even play a d*mn thing, where should I express myself with? By time my feelings for anyting just faded more and more. I dont want to bother you with my messed up mind or my troubles, but does anyone has tips to get me back behind my keyboard or guitar? My brother plays the bass but if I play with him, we end up arguing about me who' cant follow him. If he plays it easy, then its too easy for me, i want to get a challange to learn something...
is there a site like this for keyboard/piano too?
I want to learn surf and old rock 'n roll on my guitar, shall I just learn loads of chords and solo playing?
Sorry for my Enlish...
Thanks for reading this.
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
01/05/2001 4:59 am
How should express yourself, well there are numerous ways, and although we can make so many difdferent suggestions, the only way that you can reach a strong level of certainty is by exploring your many different options. I think once we all just slow down everything falls into place..You know, Most people believe that you have to have lived a hard life in order to play the blues efficiently.Is it true???

WEll, I guess the way we are now is sometimes a result of what we knew and sometimes experienced as children. And sometimes we see or hear things that effect us, but we don't necessarily know how to deal with it all, where it can be the smallest incident. But although we forget alot of the course of several years, just that one indent in our brains can take us places that never existed. I guess what Iam trying to say is thatr, alot of the most sucessful musicians (or for the topic of conversation blues artists), didn't necessarily suffer as a child, but just like everyone else they have the capacity to feel things, where they can sometimes put those feelings into their music. (And its not always consciously.) I guess to a certain point in our lives, when it comes to music we rely on what sounds good and what helps us reach a better understanding of who we are. Believe me its never an easy process, but that continuous level of unsatisfavction is what we feed on, and where we derive all of the necessary energy to be our best..

-Joseph :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2
Robbie10000
Robbie10000
01/05/2001 5:07 am
well hey ive had my deperissions through out my 18 years (b day 12/28/82) so i dont argue with that.. ive been playing guitar for about 2/2.5 years and i couldnt do sh*t when i started.. just pick song to play, and if your determined enough to play it.. keep practicing that song untill you master it, then move from there... for some odd reason the song "runaround" by blues traveler is a very easy song to start with, and i know plenty of people who learned it first, like me.. :-) anyways just keep trying.. if you want it bad enough it WILL come.... practice makes perfect, and no ones perfect.. it takes time! i couldnt play **** for like the first month or so.. it took me forever just teaching my fingers to make them easy g,c,d,&e chord strechs.. but its like part of your brain after....
hope it helps at least a little....be determined to play!
# 3
emeraldkat
emeraldkat
01/20/2001 10:13 pm
Is it easy to teach yourself? Well not easy, but....can it be done?
Kat
# 4

01/21/2001 3:07 pm
I strongly advise getting a teacher. Learning to do the basics properly is ESSENTIAL, and once you move on to more technique-demanding things, you have to develop good habits and have bad ones squelched. Trust me, it's dman hard to correct bad habits.

You can always learn yourself but imop you should have a teacher to watch over you. There is a lot of stuff you don't really need teachers for. Once your fingers can make a chord, look up how to make others. Learn some scales. Read about different methods. Keep coming to this forum! All this stuff will help you out.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.