James Murphy

nasum_human
nasum_human
09/17/2003 10:53 pm
okay I prolly should have posted this in the famous artist's thread, but I wanted the maximum number of people to see it.
Many of you will know james from such well known metal bands as death, obituary and testament, he was diagnosed with a brain tumour a few years ago, and although he has made a good recovery so far, he is reliant on donations from fans to pay his massive medical bills.
You can listen to samples of his best solos at his website, as well as donate via paypal. In addition, you can buy signed copies of his solo albums the profits of which will benefit him.
I hope some of you can afford to help this very talented and well respected guitarist even if it's donating 10 dollars or buying an album, every little helps.
I dont work for james and am not in any way associated with him in any fashion other than a fan. I just want to help him, and I hope a few of you can help out too!

btw, both his solo albums are excellent, they're not boring fretwanking instrumental albums, he has such names as chuck billy and devin townshend singing on some tracks, and a few blinding covers of the dixie dregs and Al Di Meola.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post

http://www.msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy

that's his website!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/18/2003 2:19 am
James is an incredible guitarist.
Chuck had the same bill problems and it cost him his life in the end.
Pisses me off...
Not much you can do in a terminal illness situation exept hope for the best...reinforces my hate for god
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
nasum_human
nasum_human
09/18/2003 3:30 pm
well, I wouldnt call james' tumour 'terminal' but he needs help to be able to get back to making music again, I think he deserves to be able to get back to it.
When there's talentless bozos like korn out there making millions, a guy with james' dedication and talent doesnt deserve to not have his musical 'say'
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/18/2003 4:36 pm
Any tumour(espescially a brain tumour)Is extremley dangerous...there about as predictable as the nyse or dow jones.I'm surprised that a musicians union(for session work e.c.t)wouldnt carry a health plan.As far as I know james isnt in a musicians union,but some sort of health plan is vital.My father(60 years of age)pays roughly $300 for his life sustaining medicine simply becuase my mother has to work two jobs to pay the bills which also obligates me some how to shell out $200 a month for my health insurance....its insane.
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
nasum_human
nasum_human
09/18/2003 10:31 pm
yeah, it's good here in the UK, as we have the national health service, so we dont have to pay for major operations!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.