Classical style - what learning path to take?

marcin.bartnicki
Full Access
marcin.bartnicki
Full Access
01/28/2024 7:08 pm

Hello, a new member here. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I am completely new to guitar playing (just know to play piano / read notation) and I am interested in eventually playing a guitar classical style. My question is - what learning path should I take? Should I start with the general introductory course first or jump straight to the classical style lessons?

My question comes from the fact that many aspects of the classical style seem to differ from the basic style - like using fingers instead of a pick, the posture/holding the guitar etc. However, the classical style lessons are included in the expert section, and it seems that sometimes there are techniques referred there which I have no idea about. 

So which route is recommended? Thanks in advance! 

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/29/2024 12:51 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: marcin.bartnicki

Hello, a new member here. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I am completely new to guitar playing (just know to play piano / read notation) and I am interested in eventually playing a guitar classical style. My question is - what learning path should I take? Should I start with the general introductory course first or jump straight to the classical style lessons?

My question comes from the fact that many aspects of the classical style seem to differ from the basic style - like using fingers instead of a pick, the posture/holding the guitar etc. However, the classical style lessons are included in the expert section, and it seems that sometimes there are techniques referred there which I have no idea about. 

So which route is recommended? Thanks in advance! 

If you are solely interested in classical style playing, then I recommend starting on the classical style page.  Even though they are not grouped into a linked course, the tutorials are organized into a structured curriculum on this page.

https://www.guitartricks.com/styles/classical

I plan on adding more beginner level pieces in the next few months.  If you have questions please ask in my instructor directory.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/c/36

If you find you want more material for beginner level playing you might enjoy the fingerpicking lessons Anders does in the Fundamentals course.

Hope that helps.  Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
marcin.bartnicki
Full Access
marcin.bartnicki
Full Access
01/29/2024 1:30 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

If you are solely interested in classical style playing, then I recommend starting on the classical style page.  Even though they are not grouped into a linked course, the tutorials are organized into a structured curriculum on this page.

https://www.guitartricks.com/styles/classical

I plan on adding more beginner level pieces in the next few months.  If you have questions please ask in my instructor directory.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/c/36

If you find you want more material for beginner level playing you might enjoy the fingerpicking lessons Anders does in the Fundamentals course.

Hope that helps.  Best of success!

Thank you, that's very helpful! 

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/29/2024 6:00 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: marcin.bartnicki

Thank you, that's very helpful! 

You're welcome!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
CassiusMcCarthy
CassiusMcCarthy
03/06/2024 1:52 pm

Thank you so much, it was helpful.

# 5
adelebrown68
adelebrown68
03/11/2024 9:20 am

Dive into the four learning styles: visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and reading/writing. 

papa's games

# 6
larkimpressive
larkimpressive
04/05/2024 2:35 am

It's great that we can study anytime, anywhere with this material. 

slice master

edited
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.