Greetings from West Texas

majestictone
Full Access
majestictone
Full Access
11/28/2023 12:52 am

Good Evening Everyone,

Been on a 12 year layoff from picking up my guitar and recently, the urge has me wanting to dive back into it. I took some private lessons back in the late 80's / early 90's and messed around with it but never joined a band but did play in worship band at church back mid 2000's. Played in that band for about 3 years and then I stopped.  Fast forward to now, I've been looking for an online guitar lessons since the local music scene is not conducive to my style of music for lessons that would interest me (born and raised in So Cal, now in West Texas for the past 10 yrs) So I thought I would give this a whirl. 

I want to go back to the fundamentals of learning and a lot of what I learned is a distant memory and now that I just turned 60, I want to keep my brain functioning in the right direction. Dementia runs in my family and I would like to excise that muscle.  

I have question regarding this program, since I will be using my work station with headphones, do I need to use a audio interface in order play along with the lessons? I'm assuming this would be the proper set up, am I correct?

All the best

Albert

# 1
melissawimmer219
melissawimmer219
12/05/2023 6:42 am

Hello. I'm new in this forum and hope can get much info here.

geometry dash online

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/07/2023 9:04 pm

Hi Albert and Melissa,

WELCOME to you both!

Albert, I am not an expert in the topic - but it does sound like an audio interface would be necessary in order for you to hear yourself playing along with the lessons, through heaphones. 

Have fun!!
-Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.