Best Places to Visit for Live Music

Brightsun64
Brightsun64
11/23/2023 9:46 am

Hey everyone! I thought it would be great to start a thread where we can share our favorite places to visit for live music. Whether it's a famous music venue, a local pub, or even an outdoor festival, let's hear your recommendations! I'll kick things off by suggesting Chile. Chile has a vibrant music scene with a diverse range of genres, including traditional folk music, rock, and electronic music. Santiago, the capital city, is home to numerous venues like La Batuta and Teatro Cariola, where you can catch amazing live performances. So, what are your favorite places for live music in Chile? Let's share our experiences! 🎵

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
11/26/2023 2:36 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Brightsun64

Hey everyone! I thought it would be great to start a thread where we can share our favorite places to visit for live music. Whether it's a famous music venue, a local pub, or even an outdoor festival, let's hear your recommendations! I'll kick things off by suggesting Chile. Chile has a vibrant music scene with a diverse range of genres, including traditional folk music, rock, and electronic music. Santiago, the capital city, is home to numerous venues like La Batuta and Teatro Cariola, where you can catch amazing live performances. So, what are your favorite places for live music in Chile? Let's share our experiences! 🎵

Hi Brightsun64,

Do you have some links, etc you can share about the music scene, artists, or groups in Santiago?  I’ve never been to Chile and, as an older guy, it may never be my pleasure to do so.

I too love live performance.  I’ve recently moved but spent the majority of my life growing up in an around Memphis, Tennessee USA.  In my neighborhood in the ‘70’s, the closest music venues were the garages, carports, and basements in my neighborhood with over a dozen teenage bands in my community alone.  At that time Memphis, the big town, boasted of a vibrant local music scene and was a favorite stop for nationally recognized touring musicians to record and play.  All of that died off quite a bit in the following decades, but I see Memphis music (all genres) rising again. 

I like all music but have a passion for rock/blues and surprisingly also traditional, folk, and classical.  What Chilean artists/groups should I be watching?

Rumble Walrus

# 2
Brightsun64
Brightsun64
11/28/2023 1:45 am

Hi Rumble, That's awesome that you're into live performances and have such a diverse taste in music. I can definitely recommend a few Chilean artists and groups for you to check out. You might enjoy bands like Los Bunkers, La Ley, and Los Tres. For traditional and folk music, Inti-Illimani and Violeta Parra are highly regarded. And if you're into classical music, you might want to look into performers like Claudio Arrau and Roberto Bravo. They've made some great contributions to the music scene in Santiago. I hope you find these suggestions interesting! 🎸🎶 (The links are from YouTube I just picked my favorites, but they have other performances and songs you can check on YouTube) 

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
11/29/2023 3:43 am

Thanks for the advice!

I’ll definitely check those out and come back with my thoughts.

Here’s one back for you- a young fella who calls himself “Kingfish” https://youtu.be/iaFy_MeRdlQ?feature=shared

He’s from Clarksville Mississippi - just south of where I live. I saw him live with Buddy Guy at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.  Awesome good!

Rumble Walrus

# 4
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
11/29/2023 4:01 am

Just listened to 2 new Los Bunkers releases:  “Valle de la Luna”, and “Noviembre” plus a few older tunes from a concert video. Definitely solid, Indie Rock stuff.

And, being from Memphis, TN, loved the rockabilly vibe of Los Tres.

Rumble

edited
# 5
Brightsun64
Brightsun64
11/29/2023 4:24 am

Thanks for sharing that. King fish sounds like a talented young artist. It must have been an incredible experience seeing him perform live with Buddy Guy. 🎵

# 6
Brightsun64
Brightsun64
11/29/2023 9:12 am

I have some awesome memories of watching Los Bunkers live in Santiago de Chile. The city has a vibrant atmosphere and lots of interesting places to explore. I loved trying the local cuisine and wandering through historic neighborhoods. It's definitely a city worth visiting again. Check out this article for a glimpse: https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-santiago-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5580 The band's energy and the enthusiastic crowd created an amazing atmosphere. The colorful lights and excitement made it a night to remember! If you haven't seen it yet, here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJsYcT98lQ 🎸

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.