Selective message quoting

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/15/2023 7:51 pm

Hello Techies,

I've been away for a while and don't remember how to edit a reply window in order to quote only a portion of an original poster's message. I know it's still possible because I've seen it utilized in the past few days. Thanks.

Sascha

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
10/16/2023 1:01 am
#1 Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

Hello Techies,

I've been away for a while and don't remember how to edit a reply window in order to quote only a portion of an original poster's message. I know it's still possible because I've seen it utilized in the past few days. Thanks.

Sascha

You can't any more. When GT revamped their forum circa 12 months ago, they removed a lot of features. That was one of them. Can't preview before posting either. Now it's quote the lot or nothing. Kludgeware.

# 2
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/16/2023 7:34 am
#2 Originally Posted by: manXcat

You can't any more. When GT revamped their forum circa 12 months ago, they removed a lot of features. That was one of them. Can't preview before posting either. Now it's quote the lot or nothing. Kludgeware.

Thanks! (to manXcat, not to those who eliminated selective quoting). I can't think of a single logical reason why they did that. It worked well and I don't remember anybody complaining about it. Oh well.

On a brighter note, I did just learn a great new word: Kludge. I was certain that you simply made that one up on the spot, but Dictionary.com proved me wrong. What a great word.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.