Hard to follow along

tbomski@gmail.com
Full Access
tbomski@gmail.com
Full Access
10/04/2023 10:52 am

I've been using Guitar tricks for a few months and am getting past the beginner stuff.  I'm finding it hard to play along because it only shows one verse at a time and I don't know what the first chord of the next verse is going to be and I find I miss the first measure trying to keep up.  The notation doesn't help because you have to scroll down while playing.  Has anyone found a better way to follow along?  It seems that Guitar tricks could show 2 verses at a time to make it easier to follow along. 

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/04/2023 11:26 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: tbomski@gmail.com

I've been using Guitar tricks for a few months and am getting past the beginner stuff.  I'm finding it hard to play along because it only shows one verse at a time and I don't know what the first chord of the next verse is going to be and I find I miss the first measure trying to keep up.  The notation doesn't help because you have to scroll down while playing.  Has anyone found a better way to follow along?  It seems that Guitar tricks could show 2 verses at a time to make it easier to follow along. 

Hi tbomksi,

Thank you for your feedback. The notation should be available with auto-scroll. Is there a specific lesson you are viewing that does not have auto-scroll available? 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
tod.gentille
Full Access
tod.gentille
Full Access
10/09/2023 5:06 pm

There is also a "pop out" version of the notation. I mentioned in a recent YouTube video I made a few days ago about GuitarTricks that you can pop the notation out, then refresh the page and get the scrolling notation back and have both. It does help to have a large monitor or more than one. (The video has some other tips as well). 

Also when you are on the full performance or the jam along the lower left area has a "Notation" tab that is a manually scrollable version of the entire song. I mention it because I missed the fact that it was there for a long time. It also behave a bit differently. When I resize the pop-out window it scales up and I have to manually scale the window down. The notation window from the left doesn't do this and I can see a lot more of the notation on a full screen. I also finds this view makes for a better destination for taking screen shots and printing. 

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.