Wild Thing

ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
07/24/2023 2:42 pm

Mike

I just wanted to give you a quick thank you for the new Wild Thing lesson.  It's not a song I would have looked for (I didn't even realize there was an older version until after I did your new one), but it was a lot of fun.  I only saw your version because it showed up in the "newest" song spot.  I just did the lesson a few days ago, and I find myself just playing it every time I pick up a guitar. I was able to learn it one day, with a couple more days to polish it up.

Fellow Students

If you are an advanced beginner or early intermediate (which is what I consider myself) and you are looking for a song that sounds good, is recognizable to family and friends, and you can pretty much learn in one day ... give this one a shot. By the second day I was able to play along with The Troggs recording, while still perfecting the solo for a few more days.

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/24/2023 7:35 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

Mike

I just wanted to give you a quick thank you for the new Wild Thing lesson.  It's not a song I would have looked for (I didn't even realize there was an older version until after I did your new one), but it was a lot of fun.  I only saw your version because it showed up in the "newest" song spot.  I just did the lesson a few days ago, and I find myself just playing it every time I pick up a guitar. I was able to learn it one day, with a couple more days to polish it up.

Fellow Students

If you are an advanced beginner or early intermediate (which is what I consider myself) and you are looking for a song that sounds good, is recognizable to family and friends, and you can pretty much learn in one day ... give this one a shot. By the second day I was able to play along with The Troggs recording, while still perfecting the solo for a few more days.

Hey Gary - I appreciate your kind words!  Glad you dug the tutorial.

Keep rockin'!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
sarahlison555
sarahlison555
04/02/2024 6:43 am

So great. I'm at the beginner level. I'm also practicing with the goal of being able to play the same The Troggs record as you by day 2

bob the robber

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.