introduction Teschman

thomas.tescher
Full Access
thomas.tescher
Full Access
07/03/2023 9:33 pm

I guess this is the introduction.   I am a 6 month guitar student, formerly a banjolele picker and years ago a Kay upright bass player, country and bluegrass, my wife and I were lead singers in a small family band.   Just getting back into it again over the past few years in retirement.   I have gotten the major and minor chords down pretty well and play along with songs like Merle Haggards Swinging Doors, etc.  I am using a down, down, up, up, down, up strumming pattern which my wife learned long ago, she has played rhythim guitar since she was 12.   It works pretty well for the songs I am playing.  I want to learn picking intro and transition picking between chord changes, but I have not been able to find the correct lesson.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TommyT

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
07/04/2023 3:25 pm

Hi Thomas,

If you don’t want to jump right into the “Country” course, you can click on the “style/technique”(can’t remember the exact name” button and select “Country”.  That’ll bring up not just the Country course but an extensive listing of available coursework.  I’m sure you’ll find something there.

GT has a lot (!) of great content. I’m betting Christopher, Lisa, or one of the other excellent instructors here can more accurately guide you.

‘Don’t discount the advantages of going through the beginner courses. I had been playing for decades but went through the beginner acoustic stuff to root out bad habits and ended up learning a lot as well before moving onto the Blues course.

Welcome!

Rumble Walrus

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.