Darkness will us.
leading us to the eternal smell od blood
Death and Loneliness rules the land.
A medieval vampire, ready to kill
eats the flesh of everything it sees.

Come, come with us into darkness.
Drink the blood and eat the flesh
Now your soul remains in shadows.
There is no passion within the darkness.
There is no such thing as love in this realm!!!!!!!
Blood Lust, we drink eternally. Blood!!!!!!!!!

Blood-Blood-Blood-Blood
Death-Death-Death-Death
Blood-Blood-Blood-Blood

Soaked in a puddle of blood,
We feed on flesh------pure flesh.
Time to die, there's no escape.
Join us in darkness of forever you will
DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new black metal lyrics, tell me what you think.
Blood, is what makes me a true vampire. Darkness, is what makes me a God.
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
05/22/2003 1:23 am
I think you should see somebody...
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
David C
David C
05/22/2003 6:47 pm
I think the first line of the last stanza should be "soaked in a field of blood" or "a sea of blood." A "puddle" of blood just doesn't fit the picture of largescale bloodshed that the rest of the song describes. This song makes me want a steak--rare.
"It's all right son . . . we told you what to dream"
# 3
Air
Air
05/22/2003 7:30 pm
laughable my man!

I hope ur not serious
# 4
Gainer
Gainer
05/23/2003 9:38 pm
Can you say Therapist?
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?
# 5
metalisbest
metalisbest
06/01/2003 3:31 pm
I agree with Tele Master and Gainer. Cradle of Filth is probally the worst band that I've listen to.
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
06/02/2003 2:50 am
here is some CONSTRUCTIVE HELP(shame on you all!)
First off...make sure that the forum you post your lyrics on is "evil" friendly

second...Consider carfully and list bands that influenced the spark of thought or theme/feelings itself

third...think long and hard and try find bands that might have done that before(especially is they suck!)You do not want cliche lyrics(unless you like nu-metal)

fourth...rhyming is NOT a rule!people ruin great verses by feeling they have to rhyme

fifth...If you dont have a melody to go with the song you cant create hooks to easily.Black metal isnt not known for its catchy choruses,but the most memorible songs contain some sort of catch/hook("Immortal" uses them alot)

heres some of my lyrics for reference:
"Beyond Recognition"

(verse)Dead body,trauma extinguishes your soul before flight
Unknowing to the ravaged flesh,your desacrated life
Cursed nameless and torn to an endless untimely cycle
Just a spark in random time under an absent invisible idol

(chorus)Beyond recognition,burnt,chard,forgotten vision
Follow your path,no decision

Forgive god,your beyond recognition__________!

(verse)What one was,nothing but smoke behind countless eyes
Fall far from listening ears,none will hear your deafening cry's
Pushed by perpetual force until your jesus forsaken death
The lambs book of life merley tells of your final constricted breath

(chorus)Beyond recognition,burnt,chard,forgotten vision
Follow your path,no decision

Forgive god,your beyond recognition__________!(end)

"Phantom Pain"

(verse)Long after my demise i can sense that ghost
it burns me inside out relentlessly
my earth vessle has surley witherd mercilessly
my current being houses a searing evil host

(pre-chorus)a speeding juggernaut sealed in my vapor
never will it dissapate a feathers touch to aggravate
connected still to my human shell which rots beneath
I feel every moment as if I was still in it

(chorus)this phantom i have no hold
my human extremeties i bear in vain
there without use though i feel them
this phantom i call pain

(verse)long I seek relief wake me soon to forget
its a freezing blade,cold and unyielding
descent from the earth was my hell's beginning
I cant bleed or break under its torment

(pre-chorus)a speeding juggernaut sealed in my vapor
never will it dissapate a feathers touch to aggravate
connected still to my human shell which rots beneath
I feel every moment as if I was still in it

(chorus)this phantom i have no hold
my human extremeties i bear in vain
there without use though i feel them
this phantom i call pain(end)

"Crib Death Rapture"

(verse)pray this coward is worthy to be praised
Take as one gives,dont question his way
gradually he gathers,his temples are desired
bury your miricale,long suffering required

(chorus)A rotting gift recieved
His loving mercy retrieved
your seeds passing once forseen long before life was ever concieved!

(verse)Eat and drink a symbolic body of christ
use faith to exuse wisdom,its recondite
Ask why when you pour all being into thin air
remember,your buried treasure will never feel fear

(chorus)A rotting gift recieved
His loving mercy retrieved
your seeds passing once forseen long before life was ever concieved!(end)

ANYWAY... above all...dont feel put down by criticism from a person/s that donsnt "listen" to black metal(or any genre of music for that matter!)

Oh and... I NEED THERAPY!!!:)

Try once,fail twice...
# 7
metalisbest
metalisbest
06/02/2003 2:55 am
It just seems to mean that all black metal lyrics are the same. I don't see any meaning in any of those songs. Maybe its just me, but I really don't want to listen to songs with those kind of lyrics in it.
# 8
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
06/02/2003 3:14 am
I really dont listen to music for lyrics...good musicianship counts the most for me.Lyrics allow people to relate to a song if musically "dim-witted".Personally I feel a good instrumental can speak and explain more than simple words can.
For me,My own lyrics simply express my problems with god(I feel he is a sadist)

"Nevermore" song "heart collector" is an example of those few songs where lyrics play any part in keeping me interested "musically"

Try once,fail twice...
# 9
metalisbest
metalisbest
06/02/2003 2:50 pm
I have listened to Opeth, but I just can't get into it.
# 10
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
06/03/2003 6:15 am
If you want lyrics away from the hate/darkness e.c.t
I suggest "Immortal"
Good ol' Black/Epic metal.I tryed getting into opeth myself but fell asleep in the process.Then I heard they were "pop" so that ruined it completley.Thats a blind assumption but I steer clear of music that has a questionable integrity."Nu-Metal" e.c.t.
I wont start a rant.. so in closing
Immortal is "intelligent" black/epic metal constructed well,with a unique sound of there own.The drummer is amazing and the songs and lyrics are crafted with thought.
I even think "tool"(it makes me sick to see them recognized as a non mainstream band with talent/skill...I hate them with a passion...well..my ex loved them so that may have somthing to do with it.)got alot of there rhythmic ideas from "immortal"...just listen to "beyond the northern waves". Later!
Try once,fail twice...
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
06/03/2003 6:45 am
oh yeah...metalibeast

Before saying my lyrics have no meaning(at least for you)...please analyze them first as painful as it may be.
there is a point/state/event within those songs

"beyond recognition" is about being forgoten in the lapse of time.What of you will remain of you in a million years physically or spiritualy e.c.t..?

"phantom pain" has nothing to do with the pain after amputation.Its the theory of pain after death...uncontrolable,unbearable...a simple horrorific scenerio

"crib death rapture" sounds like any other die/dead/death song.But it questions why humans suffer,endure and have there lives or loved ones snatched away as they are given.A notion that god is a bit of a sadist who helps/intervenes with nothing and allows death to continue for his glory/justification/plan.

my other songs and lyrics i fuse space,science and religion to create premises for pondering.
I like to "think and wonder" while listening to music.But thatss just a premise.You can create ground for thought with many feelings/subjects... analogys dont make a song(though do contain them).The song is the Analogy for description of thought/feeling.

later!!
Stay METAL!!!!!

Try once,fail twice...
# 12
metalisbest
metalisbest
06/03/2003 7:44 pm
Yea man, write about other topics. That might be your style but it seems like those topics are overused in that kind of music.
# 13
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/03/2003 8:00 pm
A world without death... I'm picturing severe overpopulation. Death is the natural way to go out... I mean, it would be weird if people just disappeared.

It upsets me to see people blame God on death and such. "Why is God letting this happen to me?" etc. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not just defending God. I don't think it's right for people to blame everything bad on Satan either. "Well Satan's been working on me hard this week... my car broke down Thursday."

Not everything that happens to a person is a result of actions or inactions by God or Satan!! Some, in fact, most, things happen due to choices (and effects brought on by those consequences) made by PEOPLE.

Godly intervention only comes through the prayers of the righteous (which explains why it is sparse... many people pray, but not many of them are righteous).

Sorry about the rant... I've got "different" ideas about religion and spirituality than most people.

--------------------------------------------------------

About the lyrics...

-First off, ALWAYS proofread your lyrics. Correct conjugation of verbs, such as "Darkness *wills* us" and "Death and Loneliness *rule* the land". Check your spelling as well.

-I'm not seeing a good structure in the song. That "Blood-blood-blood and so forth" part I'm feeling as a chant, which could be considered your chorus, and should be present between every verse, not just after the first.

-Lyrics are a vehicle of expression. From reading them, I have a hard time feeling exactly what you're trying to get across. I see the blood motif, but it's not worked into any kind of story, nor any one emotion.

-Some parts of the lyrics seem a bit confusing... "Darkness wills us/leading us to the eternal smell of blood". That's just kind of awkward... darkness is leading you to a smell? Also, in the 2nd stanza it is implied that the person to whom the narrator is speaking has joined the narrator ("Now your soul remains in the shadows"), but later in the 4th stanza, the narrator again says "Join us".

-Aside from the chorus type chant thing, where the repetition of the word "blood" is used for effect, I think that "blood" is overused throughout the song. My old English teacher used to not let us write the same word twice (except for prepositions and articles and such), and we had to come up with other ways to restate the same idea.

On the whole, the piece needs a good deal of revision. Keep in mind these are just suggestions and I hope they help. Good luck.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/20/2003 7:46 pm
Personally, I am a huge metal fan...When it comes to Black metal, I love that too. But only when done properly. Just because you`re in a Black metal band, that doesn`t mean you must write "Black metal lyrics" if all metal bands did that, then they would all make practically the same songs, and things would get boring.
I know that the kind of metal in question is associated with an image of blood and gore, but honestly...who wants to hear a song about blood? or even more relevant, who wants to write a song about blood.
I dont think I am a alone when I say that I believe songs should have substance and meaning. If blood has something to do with that meaning, well then thats great, but a song about blood is just stupid.
Maybe try drawing inspirasion from situations etc.

[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
06/23/2003 4:20 am
As a non-singing lead guitarist (rarely do some vocal backing) , I care more about music than lyrics , that's why I can take crappy lyrics for some good songs .

Anyway , I think those black/death/doom metal guys went to these evil kinda lyrics cuz their pissed at overused lovesong kinda lyrics , not putting in mind that their vampire (and all other bloody stuff) lyrics have become overused too !
These evil lyrics usualy don't reflect those who are writing it or have an impact on most people who read it (cuz scary lyrics sounds like scary granma kid-tales ;) ) while lovesongs are more grown-up lyrics.
The point is, nice overused lyrics are definately better than crappy overused lyrics.

So, if you want your lyrics to sound unique , you don't have to be scarry (cuz it's not unique anymore :D ) , you just need to find some newer non-categorized topics.
# 16
Ibanez1243
Ibanez1243
06/23/2003 6:46 am
Man I've heard death metal before and I do like some of it. Other stuff I don't like, but man please your lyrics suck . It definetly isn't dark and scary and the whole song pretty much is just talking about blood. BLOOD IS'N'T DARK OR SCARY MAN. I've seen some badly written songs before but man that is some of the worst stuff I've ever read. Sorry man but it does need alot of work.

BOB
Bryce McLean
# 17
Guitarlove9090
Guitarlove9090
06/30/2003 9:23 pm
This song sounds like a really bad episode of the x files. I guess if I look at it creativly it isn't that bad.
# 18
superwang5000
superwang5000
07/30/2003 6:50 pm
no offense but i find the lyrics of all death/black metal comical. no1 can be serious (unless your from emperor) about the killing and stuff. it is fun to scream them and play stupid grindcore.... im playing to make grindcore songs on the stop to mock ppl at shows when i get my band going. cradle of fifth sorta takes the comedy to a new level with the female witch voices.... the singer is amazing tho... i was dissappointed to learn that dimmu borgir/ CoF drummer nick barker uses some sort of triplet pedal...that poser
# 19
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
07/31/2003 6:16 pm
Whats wrong with grind,death or black metal?
Lots of great bands fall in those categorys.
I also think nobody gave me good critisism on MY lyrics.

Try once,fail twice...
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.