View post (Difference between GT Lesson and the way the artist plays the song.)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/08/2023 11:14 am
#10 Originally Posted by: marksd2167

Thanks Christopher for taking the time to reply. Yes this explains it all and makes since. Just so everyone understands. I don't have a issue with the say Douglas is teaching the lesson. To be honest, since I'm a beginner, I feel like it's a easier version anyway. 

Speaking of being a beginner. I know this lesson was done about 14 years ago and in case it's not being done know, I would like to make a suggestion about lessons. One, before the lesson starts, could the instructor mention what amp/gear they are using and what the settings are. If they are using the bridge and what is the volume and tone set at. This is just to give the person a idea of what they should set their equipment up as. I now not everyone has the same gear, but it's just information.

Second, if they could explain or go into a little bit more instruction on areas that are a little more complicated. 

Maybe this is all being done on newer and current lessons and I just haven't seen them yet.

Thanks again.

You're welcome!  Yes, if this song was reshot it would probably contain 3 additional items.

Gear & Tone lesson.  This has been a standard second lesson of most song tutorials for a while now when an electric guitar is used in the song.

2nd guitar part breakdown.  Again when a song features a second prominent guitar in the mix of the version being taught.

Multi-camera angles.  Fretting hand, picking hand closeups.  Again this has been an established standard for a while.

Unfortunately this particular song tutorial was shot 14 years ago before any of those were standard GT protocol.

I don't know how the current publishing situation affects this particular song as to whether or not, or if it will ever be reshot.

Hope that helps!   

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory