View post (Difference between GT Lesson and the way the artist plays the song.)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/05/2023 8:15 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: marksd2167

I only know this of two Lessons as I have only worked on these two lessons. 

The one I'm on now, Living after Midnight. First let me say, I don't have a issue with this lesson. I'm only stating the difference between this lesson and the way the band member plays it. But not just the band member Richie Faulkner, but I see other youtube people also playing very close to what Richie Faulkner is playing. I totally understand there is different ways to play the same song. I'm just curious as to why GT decided to pick this way to do it.

You can look up the lesson Living after Midnight here on GT, mainly referencing the opening riff.

Here is a link to Richie Faulkner playing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yK_yxI7AlU&t=51s   It starts at time code 25:45

Just an FYI, I like GT, but some times on these older lessons, I'll get stuck on something, ether because I can't see what the other hand is doing or I just can't tell or see exactly how the strumming is going. So I'll look at other sources and see the differences between GT and others.

Right now, the part I'm getting stuck at is Lesson - Living after Midnight, part-Rolling through the Changes. At time marker 2:35. 

I'm thinking my issue is a combination of the tone I'm using (maybe to much gain) and I'm just not strumming the notes correctly.

Mark.

Interesting. I just watched the 1st few seconds and Ritchie does play it differently. Could be the thought line was keep a tighter box between 5 and 7. 

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!