Beginners Sings

Davebutters663
Davebutters663
05/03/2023 12:48 pm

Hi All,

i’m slowly working through Anders’s Fundamentals 1 and I have almost completed it.

I noticed that there have been no songs to learn or any recommendations. Most practice routines that I have looked at, include a song to learn. Is it too early to be learning songs ? Are there any songs relevant to “Fundamentals 1 “ that would be good to learn.

Also, can anyone recommend a good practice routine .

Many Thanks

Dave

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
05/03/2023 5:36 pm

Never too early Dave!

Pick something you like and go for it!  There are a number of excellent Level 1 songs available on the site.

Rumble

# 2
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/04/2023 4:01 pm

Hi Dave,

Anders and I have each created Guitar Fundamentals Courses, both of which teach the all-important foundational skills you need to advance as a guitar player.

And, we each have our own style of teaching.

In my Fundamentals Course, EVERY new skill is backed up and practiced by playing a song. 

Now, I'll admit these are not greatest hits you've been dying to play your whole life - but rather, actual new songs that I composed to give the student a song-based context within which to practice the new skill we have just been working on. 

So, that may be of interest to you.

Also, Rumble's suggestion of looking at the "Easy Songs" section here on GuitarTricks may help hook you up with some songs you already know and like, and would enjoy working on. 

Have fun! - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 3
chemical_fusion
Full Access
chemical_fusion
Full Access
05/09/2023 11:19 am
#1 Originally Posted by: Davebutters663

Hi All,

i’m slowly working through Anders’s Fundamentals 1 and I have almost completed it.

I noticed that there have been no songs to learn or any recommendations. Most practice routines that I have looked at, include a song to learn. Is it too early to be learning songs ? Are there any songs relevant to “Fundamentals 1 “ that would be good to learn.

Also, can anyone recommend a good practice routine .

Many Thanks

Dave

Just practice what you learn in the lessons and focus on what you find the most difficult, the skills you are leaning are easily transferable to songs when you find something you want to play.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.