Can't download Jam Station Tracks

GordonAll
Full Access
GordonAll
Full Access
03/31/2023 10:49 am

Hi,

When I joined this site I was able to download jam tracks to play along with (great for learning patterns up & down the neck etc.), and really handy as I don't always have access to an internet connection due to traveling around the North of Scotland often (loads of internet and moblie blackspots). I kept any jam tracks I was using on a usb stick & plugged into my car audio/laptop/mp3 player to practice.

I watched Anders's latest Guitar Insider (Practice Tip - Bite-Sized Learning) this morning, tried to download the track he was using (Blues Am - All Over The Place) & found that the option to download has been removed; took the link to the lesson and in the Jam Track tab hit the download button, all that did was give me a fresh page with the jam track playing - no download!

Is anyone else having problems with downloading the jam tracks, has GuitarTricks barred users from downloading them, or is this a glitch with the system?

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,

Gordon

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/03/2023 10:28 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: GordonAll

Hi,

When I joined this site I was able to download jam tracks to play along with (great for learning patterns up & down the neck etc.), and really handy as I don't always have access to an internet connection due to traveling around the North of Scotland often (loads of internet and moblie blackspots). I kept any jam tracks I was using on a usb stick & plugged into my car audio/laptop/mp3 player to practice.

I watched Anders's latest Guitar Insider (Practice Tip - Bite-Sized Learning) this morning, tried to download the track he was using (Blues Am - All Over The Place) & found that the option to download has been removed; took the link to the lesson and in the Jam Track tab hit the download button, all that did was give me a fresh page with the jam track playing - no download!

Is anyone else having problems with downloading the jam tracks, has GuitarTricks barred users from downloading them, or is this a glitch with the system?

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hi Gordon, 

The Jam Tracks are still available for download. Follow the steps below to donwload the jam track of your choice. Here is a link to the specific lesson you are referring to: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/14071

To download tracks from the station, you will have to first select a specfic track in the jam station. You will then see an option that says "Go to Lessons". 

Select that and you will see under the lesson video a "Jam Track" tab. Click that tab option and you will see a circle with a computer and an arrow pointing down. Click on that and you will be brought to a new page. Select the 3 dots next to the speaker icon and select "Download"

I have spoken to the developers to see if we can make this less tedious of a process and add the download feature directly to the jam station. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
GordonAll
Full Access
GordonAll
Full Access
04/04/2023 9:49 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed your instructions but on the new page (with the track playing) I didn't have the three dots next to the speaker icon you mention (tried my laptop and desktop using windows), however, you have pointed me in the right direction. I tried right-clicking the speaker icon which gave me a drop down box with options (including "Save Audio As"), saved the audio to my USB stick and all is good.

As you say, adding the download feature directly to the jam station would certainly be less tedious.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Gordon

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.