View post (Losing a (large) Number of Songs From Guitar Tricks)

View thread

W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
11/04/2023 12:11 pm

Y’all are smarter than I am and I appreciate both Doug and Sasha’s expertise. I’ve been a casual member of TF for many years, on and off, and up until GT lost all those songs, the validity didn’t hit me until TF lost a few. Of course there could’ve been more but it hit me when I went looking for one and it was gone. I called customer service (yes and you can talk to live knowledgeable English speaking rep) he told me, yes they lost rights to those songs. He suggested I purchase the DLs and I thought, yeah, this is real and I’ve got a chance, as this was the sale that ended 12/31/22. I actually had purchased a few songs prior and they subtracted money from my price!

TF is forever having sales and it seems with every “holiday” they have something good going on. I truly believe TF is heads above GT in every category of guitar playing albeit their library isn’t as extensive, but the incredible lessons with the likes of  Bonamassa, Vai, and Malsteen(sp), they have pulled away from the internet pack. Remember, these lessons are taught by these players; not “in the style of…” and to hear these icons discuss their styles, thinking and the candor is priceless, let alone watching them play their own amazing body of work! It has occurred to me that my time and money with GT may be long in the tooth and if I focus on TFs subject matter, I might be more focused. There is nothing for me at GT except for there existing song library and so far, not a lot of new activity is rolling around in the up and coming. Time will tell and my subscription may not get renewed here. Just my two cents worth.