View post (Losing a (large) Number of Songs From Guitar Tricks)

View thread

dougguitar
Full Access
dougguitar
Full Access
11/03/2023 6:25 pm
#69 Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

Hello Doug,

I haven't had a lot of experience with TrueFire's song library because the songs I ran into in the past were apparently all from the 385 old generation song tutorials, and most of them really sucked compared to the superb Van Halen song pack that I perused just lately. I'm telling you, Doug, TF absolutely did have a $99 sale on the entire library, past, present and future. The last one was approximately one year ago. Thinking that such an offer was too good to be true, I emailed TF support and they verified that all future songs were included in the deal. I may still have that particular email tucked away somewhere and will post it if I can find it.

As far as the rest of the content on TF goes, it definitely is downloadable to keep once you purchase a course as an All Access member. I have most of a 2 TB external hard drive filled with nothing but downloaded TF courses that I purchased during their frequent course fire sales, when many courses are priced at $5 or less.

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Below is the deal that I bought on May 1, 2023. It gave me ownership/download ability for all 65 of the new generation Song Lessons that were in existence at that time. Since then, they brought over 23 more new generation song lessons from JamPlay, and have added 4 more after that as well. None of those 27 are marked as Owned in my collection. 

The only other song lesson bundle offer I recall is the one shown below it. It was offered in December 2022 for $99. You could get all their existing song lessons, plus those that were on "pre-order" (i.e., announced but not yet released) at that time, as well as any others that would be launched as of 12/31/22. It didn't imply you got every song lesson they would every release for the rest of eternity. You may well have had TF support person tell you that, and if so, it would have been an incredible deal, but the ad below doesn't really imply that.

edited