View post (Losing a (large) Number of Songs From Guitar Tricks)

View thread

Idle strummer
Full Access
Idle strummer
Full Access
07/08/2023 7:42 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

We are sorry about the inconvience BrokenSolo. This was not the outcome we had hoped for either. We will continue to upload a new song each week, hopefully it is music you can enjoy! 

We know it's a bummer to see these songs go, but we have a lot planned for the site in the future. We hope you stick around to see it! 

Such a shame. Loss of so many great song lessons might ultimately be the end of Guitar Tricks in its current form. The remaining songs and the well structured tutorials will endure as a body of work, but GT might not be the ‘go to’ site for classic song lessons. What’s really annoying is the rather disingenuous ‘jam tomorrow’ line from GT admin, that great stuff is coming………without any details. The question now is GT value for money? I can see why some users interpret the situation as a scam, but I don’t think that’s correct. The reality is that the GT site is perhaps more suitable for beginners but not for more experienced guitarists who simply want great tutorials on classic rock tracks. I’ve stuck with it so far but being fobbed off with a steady stream of pretty obscure Rolling Stones songs is getting wearing.