Your gaming chair

Ravalo
Full Access
Ravalo
Full Access
03/14/2022 7:41 pm

Hi Mike,

I tune-in to your Friday YouTube lessons and notice you sit in, what I assume, is a gaming chair. I am looking and doing research for a good chair or stool for my guitar practicing. Of course I know it is an individual thing, but I'd like your feedback on how you like your chair. Is it a flat or contoured seat? Do you use the backrest at all? I notice there is no right arm on yours. I seem to recall that brand does not have swing up / out of way arms. Is that correct and, if so, does it remove easily? I'd like to use a chair for double duty and want to know whether it can be re-attached quickly. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike, and I want to commend you on great Friday lessons on which you seem to put a lot of effort.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/14/2022 9:12 pm

Hi there - thanks for the question!

Yes it is a Secret Lab Stealth gaming chair. I really love it, but please keep in mind I was replacing a very uncomfortable cheap office chair. I splurged on it and have not regretted it. It is very comfortable on your bottom and has really great lumbar support.

The chair does in fact have a right arm, and with this particular model you can tilt the arms in or out 45 degrees, but they do not go completely out of the way. When I'm streaming to YT, I tend to sit on it at an angle so that's probably why it looks like there's no arm there. I don't actually think the arms are completely removable. But of course there are lots of other chairs that have that feature.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Mike

Originally Posted by: Ravalo

Hi Mike,

I tune-in to your Friday YouTube lessons and notice you sit in, what I assume, is a gaming chair. I am looking and doing research for a good chair or stool for my guitar practicing. Of course I know it is an individual thing, but I'd like your feedback on how you like your chair. Is it a flat or contoured seat? Do you use the backrest at all? I notice there is no right arm on yours. I seem to recall that brand does not have swing up / out of way arms. Is that correct and, if so, does it remove easily? I'd like to use a chair for double duty and want to know whether it can be re-attached quickly. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike, and I want to commend you on great Friday lessons on which you seem to put a lot of effort.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.