View post (versatile guitars)

View thread

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
12/13/2022 3:43 pm

Well, I stayed with the G&L and I am playing it more though. I pick up my Faith parlour most times. 
The GAS never went away and the ESP was always the first online look. However I was reading more and more reviews on the Epiphones and if I wanted a Les Paul style then I should buy a Les Paul guitar . Fancied the 4 knob tone and volume controls to be the true Les Paul. 
Then just added even more confusion because the Epiphone SG did the same and maybe more than the equivalent priced LP. 
Come Black Friday weekend and the LP classic in Worn Ebony was only changed from a sale price to a B Friday banner, no change in price. The store ran a ridiculous 2 day deal n the Standard Ebony but I missed it not realising the 2 days was midday to midday .

come the Tuesday and the worn ebony's were all sold. Nothing ventured I contacted the store and explained how I had missed the early deal and were they prepared to do just that one more deal. Lo and behold I struck lucky and my early Xmas present to myself for struggling along online for another year is the Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Ebony finish.

I'm still a very poor beginner. Soldiering on with pentatonics, triads and easy songs by Mike Olekshy. Also regularly catching his Friday YouTube sessions.

So fun and enjoyment continue. Squire Bullet Mustang. G& L ASAT deluxe. Epiphone Standard Les Paul and Faith Naked Mercury parlour acoustic.

Maybe GAS is over with

Dave