Value Proposition Question

ChrisSwetman
Full Access
ChrisSwetman
Full Access
08/09/2021 1:40 pm

Hi - I’ve really enjoyed the free weekly lessons that your website has sponsored - thank you to Mike and Dave for an awesome job. Very seldom can I actually attend a class but love downloading the music score, then taking my time to learn the content. It’s very helpful and the additional dialog from the instructor is actually better than most music teachers entire lesson.

So I’ve been doing this a few months, music playing is improving which is great but I’m finding that I either don’t have the time nor the interest to continue the core music lessons which were one of my key objectives in signing up for Guitar Tricks.

Understand that the free lessons attract new customers and offering free content is a very wise proposition but how are you planning to re-engage either new customers or existing users to take advantage of your existing content? My personal concern is that if the free stuff goes away, going back to the core music system will be a disappointment and it seems wrong that I’m paying for a service to mostly engage with free content?

Thoughts?

And thanks again for being such an inspiring educational website!

Chris Swetman

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
08/09/2021 8:00 pm

This is a great question! Guitar Tricks is a program built to help ANY guitar player learn how to improve their playing. Our Fundamentals Courses are designed to take a player from knowing absolutely nothing about the guitar to being able to play songs and solo in an easy-to-use, step by step curriculum. Upgrading to Full Access provides thousands of song lessons which break down each individual guitar part section by section. There are also thousands of technique lessons from fingerstyle to slide guitar to tapping, all broken down inch by inch. Our program can be filtered by difficulty for our intermediate and advanced students as well. We also provide a toolbox full of helpful things such as our chord and scale finders, metronome, reference tuner, jam backing tracks and more! There is a lot included when upgrading to Full Access.

Our weekly live lessons and YouTube videos act more like a 'tips & tricks' addition to our Full Access program. While our YouTube channel provides a lot of useful information, that info is compartmentalized and doesn't give you the entire picture. They also don't provide song lessons, you will need to upgrade for those.

Hope this makes sense! If you have any further questions regarding our Full Access curriculum, pleae don't hesitate to drop us an email at support@guitartricks.com.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
08/10/2021 12:09 am

Fair answer but hoping Mike and Chris aren't being left to take the full burden if short staffed in favour of the rest working on free stuff. Not much been coming through from all the other tutors listed since i joined. Luckily Mike and chris are machines and keep on pumping.

# 3
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
08/11/2021 12:23 pm

Hmmm .... Perhaps I've missed something. I'm a Full Access subscriber and I've never seen any free live lessons. When do these happen and where can I find them?

Thanks

Gary

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 4
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
08/11/2021 2:35 pm

People learn in diffrent ways. Some need to be led and some just want to wander. Both can work. I learned before there was home computing. Which ment I learned from records... remember records? I learned by listening and trying emulate what I heard. I learned guitar.

However I joined GT to learn new techniques. I hardly used the core lessons. However I have been here for a long time now. I continue to pick up skills, and I really like having an authority to ask questions. From country, to folk, to rock, to jazz, and even to classical music... it is all there. I do not want to return to learning by simply listening, it is much slower!

Start looking for skills that interest you on the index. Let those searches lead to to what you want to know. If you don't know what you want to know... I would suggest you finish the basic courses. They offer a broad scope of critical information about the art of playing guitar. The skills you seek are all here, you just have to figgure out what you want and go for it.

I would also point out that the biggest hurdle for most people wanting to play guitar is keeping up consistant practice. No matter what you decide to do... If you want to play guitar you are going to have to keep up persistant practice. There is no progress without that.... PERIOD!!!!!..... END OF DISCUSSION.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.