Have you ever seen the rain

deanbadam
Full Access
deanbadam
Full Access
04/29/2021 12:25 am

Hi Mike, in the intro for this song you refer to and play the quicker double beat on the start of the 1st and 3rd bar. In the notation though it has it at the end of the second bar and looks like it would be an F chord.

If the Notation is right, I can't work out the strum to make it flow I'm guessing it still needs to be DU some something like this? DU DU DU D (up (quick and muted)) du (fast)?

I havent watched the next sections to see if you change this yet.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/29/2021 8:21 pm

Hey there - yes the notation is correct.

Those quick strums are 16th notes, so they're twice as fast as the main strum groove. It just happens in those 2 spots. So, you'll add a quick down/up strum on Am off the top.

In the second bar on the F chord, you can see you'll do the last 8th note strum as a downstroke on the 4th beat, then switch to the C chord for the quick 16th note down/up strum leading into the next bar.

Use the speed buttons on the left hand side of the video, and kick it down to 90% or 75% to really work on this with the video. Playing along with the performance clip of this section at a slower tempo will help you with this.

Let me know how it goes!

Mike

Originally Posted by: deanbadam

Hi Mike, in the intro for this song you refer to and play the quicker double beat on the start of the 1st and 3rd bar. In the notation though it has it at the end of the second bar and looks like it would be an F chord.

If the Notation is right, I can't work out the strum to make it flow I'm guessing it still needs to be DU some something like this? DU DU DU D (up (quick and muted)) du (fast)?

I havent watched the next sections to see if you change this yet.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
deanbadam
Full Access
deanbadam
Full Access
04/30/2021 5:38 am

Thanks Mike - missed the actual notes/tabs and had just lazily looked for the chord name above the bar!

Slowing it down helped lots - its sort of like there's a silent up strum after the last F to go DU for the first C?

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/30/2021 1:59 pm

Yes that last downstroke on the F is followed by an upstroke that doesn't strike the strings - (silent upstroke).

Glad to hear it's starting to make sense when you slow it down. Practice it slowly and it will start to smooth out and feel more natural.

Mike

Originally Posted by: deanbadam

Thanks Mike - missed the actual notes/tabs and had just lazily looked for the chord name above the bar!

Slowing it down helped lots - its sort of like there's a silent up strum after the last F to go DU for the first C?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.