View post (Songs being deleted?)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/07/2021 1:41 am
Originally Posted by: Ben Martin

Hey guys, we had a Sticky/Announcement about this that expired last week. Sorry if that got missed.

Unfortunately we had to remove some songs from the site because we weren't able to renew the license we had with a music publisher.

This is a very rare situation and we tried everything we could to keep these lessons on the site. Despite our efforts, we had to take the songs down.

[br]I want to assure you that we work tirelessly to keep the songs we have and despite this loss, we are dedicated to releasing new song lessons every week this year. Stay tuned for new song lessons each week by visiting the homepage under “Newest Lessons”.

To remove that announcement thread, the GT explanations it contained and the [u]multiple pages[/u] of responding posts from GT members was, at the least, a very, very bad decision.

IMO.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins