View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
02/07/2021 4:46 pm
Originally Posted by: SusanMW

Thanks sno...

I have to limit myself to about 20 minutes each time I play now with a couple hours of breaks at least, plus icing and ibuprofen.

It sounds like the carpal tunnel is already there, according to dr, working on getting the MRI approved that will show it since the nerve test was normal. He said I can continue to play, but just to really listen for when it's time to take a break. I know at some point I wont be able to play at all...but that's when I'm going to work on my right hand picking techniques only lol. It does sound like surgery is in my future...so I may be in a bit of distress over that. It is going to take months to be able to play again. So I guess I'm getting in a little more playing now while I can. It is all quite unfortunate though, that's for sure.

Stretching before and after could be of use as well. Glad to hear your Doc is monitoring your symptoms. You also mentioned that you have a good PT to go to.

I swear by Physical Therapy!! Having a PT that you can work with can really help the recovery phase. I actually proposed marriage to my PT after she got this deep muscle spasum to let go. She laughed and said "what would your wife have to say about that?" To which I honestly answered "If you can do the same thing you just did on me, on her... I am pretty sure she would be OK with that!" When I told my wife she laughed and said "yeah that would be ok by me"

Captcha is a total pain in the........