Do the instructors check the tabs here?

TheGitard
Full Access
TheGitard
Full Access
01/09/2021 2:23 am

I am finding many discrepancies between the tabs and what the instructors are teaching. I am noticing that the transcriptions are not done by the instructors in many cases. Are these ever checked before they are published? It can be very frustrating for a student to try to figure out what they should follow.

Are updates ever published to the videos or tabs? What is the process to submit a descrepancy?

Thanks

# 1
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
01/09/2021 7:10 am

Hi,

The instructors mostly are not involved in transcriptions. Some spend the time to go back and check things, but the roles are divided up.

If you ever find a discrepancy, feel free to post it here! We'll investigate and fix it.

Thank you very much, and let us know what you found.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 2
TheGitard
Full Access
TheGitard
Full Access
01/09/2021 1:49 pm

Here is a recent example

Brown Eyed Girl, Dave Celantano instructor

Guitar 1, Verse 1, measure 6 does not appear to be what Dave is demonstrating. I could be wrong but maybe worth checking.

I think this platform is great. For future consideration maybe add a chat function within the song page for students to share information experices on particular songs.

Thanks

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2021 4:41 pm
Originally Posted by: TheGitard

Brown Eyed Girl, Dave Celantano instructor

Guitar 1, Verse 1, measure 6 does not appear to be what Dave is demonstrating. I could be wrong but maybe worth checking.

[/quote]

Guitar 1 in that song does a lot of variation throughout. When a GT transcriber (notation creator) finds differences & variations they usually indicate it on the score. See below.

At about 9:50 of the lesson he explains this. Make sense?

Here is a recent example

[p]Please let us know any other examples!

[quote=TheGitard]I think this platform is great. For future consideration maybe add a chat function within the song page for students to share information experices on particular songs.

That's what this forum is for. There are hundreds of song tutorials & thousands of song lesson pages on the site. Putting a chat function on all of them would be incredibly difficult to manage!

Having said that, many of the active instructors have forums in which you can directly ask them questions.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
TheGitard
Full Access
TheGitard
Full Access
01/09/2021 8:24 pm

Thanks for the response and the explanation.. Very satisfied with this whole subscription, have been since 2017.

# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/10/2021 5:08 pm

Thanks for the response and the explanation.. Very satisfied with this whole subscription, have been since 2017.

You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying GT!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.