Amplifier

wha24246
wha24246
01/08/2021 12:44 am

Hi Mike

I hope this message finds you well.

I am a mature age (very) student and I get many hours of enjoyment from your lessons. However, I know nothing about amplifiers and how to follow your advice on the settings for a particular song. Could you recommend a make and model of amplifier (for home use) I could buy that would be the easiest to follow your instructions on amp settings please?

Many thanks for your help

Ian

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/08/2021 2:26 pm

Hi Ian, thanks for the kind words!

I would recommend a "modelling" amplifier. These type of amps have a digital preamp that can emulate all types of tube amps, so that you can try them out to get a sense of how the real thing sounds. Some offer virtual stompboxes that you can add into your presets, so you can even experiment with the sound of pedals combined with the amp sounds.

Some popular brands are the Fender Mustang, Line 6 Spider, Boss Katana, and Yamaha THR amps. Check out sweetwater.com or musiciansfriend.com for more info on these amps, and there are lots of youtube video demos as well.

Good luck!

Mike

Originally Posted by: wha24246

Hi Mike

I hope this message finds you well.

I am a mature age (very) student and I get many hours of enjoyment from your lessons. However, I know nothing about amplifiers and how to follow your advice on the settings for a particular song. Could you recommend a make and model of amplifier (for home use) I could buy that would be the easiest to follow your instructions on amp settings please?

Many thanks for your help

Ian

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.