View post (is playing guitar is good for your mental health?)

View thread

Molni526
Molni526
04/10/2024 12:03 pm

Absolutely! It's a form of self-expression and creativity that allows for a therapeutic escape from the stresses of daily life. The rhythmic strumming or fingerpicking can serve as a meditation of sorts.
However, while I wholeheartedly agree with the benefits of playing guitar, it's just one piece of the puzzle for me personally when it comes to maintaining good mental health. In addition to strumming away on my guitar, I've discovered the importance of incorporating other activities into my routine.
For instance, I've taken up hiking in nature regularly. Being surrounded by trees, breathing in fresh air, and feeling connected to the earth - it provides a different kind of escape, one that rejuvenates both my body and mind.
Furthermore, I've started practicing mindfulness meditation. For this, I use the Calmer app. I use their guided meditation as a tool to sit quietly, focus on my breath, and observe my thoughts.
Additionally, I've found comfort in reading. Diving into a good book allows me to temporarily immerse myself in another world, providing a much-needed break from reality. Right now, I'm reading Jack Kerouac. That man can really attract you in his reading.

edited