I Alone by Live

markpg23
markpg23
06/24/2020 4:20 am

Hi Mike. Thanks for the lessons on this song. I love it.

I'm writing because in your lessons, the song ends on a G chord, fades out with some heavy feedback.

But in the actual recording of the song, after that G chord/feedback, there are 2 strums of....something....any idea what that last bit is? It is my favorite part of the song.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/24/2020 12:15 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for the kind words!

Yes there is quite a bit of sustained feedback at the end of the song, and right at the very end, it sounds like 2 quick picks on a harmonic - 12th fret of the G string.

To sound a harmonic, you need to lightly place your finger over top the fretwire (just barely touching the string) at the fret you wish to sound the harmonic.

So position your finger over the 12th fretwire of the 3rd string, then pick twice, and remove that finger quickly and you should get that sound. On the recording, those notes cut off quickly, so be sure to mute that string right after.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Originally Posted by: markpg23

Hi Mike. Thanks for the lessons on this song. I love it.

I'm writing because in your lessons, the song ends on a G chord, fades out with some heavy feedback.

But in the actual recording of the song, after that G chord/feedback, there are 2 strums of....something....any idea what that last bit is? It is my favorite part of the song.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.