View post (My wife did lose it ...)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
03/03/2020 1:01 am

Kind of....but she's a great gal! I did it.

So, it's NEW GUITAR TIME!

[br]After lusting after one of these for the past 18 months, I pulled the trigger. First electric guitar buy in more than 12 months, so my regular attendance at GAS Anonymous meetings -chaired by my Mrs manXcat, clearly has my [u]alleged[/u] addiction under control.

So what did I buy?

This!

Took delivery of it last week.

Blown away would best describe my impression of Revstar's current build quality, quality control and finish. Gauging from this random representation, Yamaha finally have those QC and finish problems of the past couple of years which had been occurring in their Indonesian factory sorted...or I just got lucky?!

Rather than wax lyrically for an age, those with sufficient interest can read more here.

I'll post an in studio posed aesthetic shot of my new joy toy in its working environment shortly.

How it can sound in more capable hands than mine here. N.B Jack has swapped the OEM YGDVH3+s for MAMA PUPs in his. Although the YGDVH3+s are perfect for what I want and expect of it, if I change my mind, the RS420 is the ideal 'pick your PUP preference' upgrade platform AFAIC.

[br]And how it sounds with OEM PUPs ..Jonny Lee rippin' it here.