View post (Xmas GAS confessional)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
12/30/2019 1:57 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

GAS planning in the face of temporary adversity. A true devotee.

Curiosity couldn't help itself. Les Paul Special Tribute DC. Some rather nice inherent design and technical features and appointments there, and all at a reasonable SRP for a guitar bearing the Gibson logo on the headstock. Around the same in AU at present taking into account exchange rate.

Have you held one? I'm curious as to the weight with its solid mahogany body in a double-cut. Gibson don't spec on their website that I could see.

Hey manX,

As far as weight, it's lighter than even a chambered Les Paul. The DC Special is about 7(+) pounds (which, I think is 3kg). Versus even a chambered Les Paul coming in at 9 pounds (4kg)...and wayyyyy lighter than my nearly 12 pound beast.

I haven't played one but mostly the neck matters to me in as far as playability. It's the 60's slim taper which both my current Les Paul and my (long lost) Les Paul I had when I started out. That neck always feel like 'home'.

I'm mostly looking at it (someday) because I desire a guitar with P90's. Those pickups havea kind of 'juice' that I dig. My Gretsch Jet has a good bit of that vibe (I love the 'tron' pickups in that guitar) but....well....GAS...You know how it goes.