View post (8:25 am Mountain Standard Time)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/06/2019 12:44 am

I adhere to a pretty constant schedule which finds me looking at the news on the web in the early morning. When that's finished I take a look see at what's new on the Guitar Tricks Forum and, over the past months, that's when I've run into something intriguing.

At or around 8:25 am U.S. Mountain time if I click to bring up a new page on the Forum my computer will grind and grind while trying to bring up the link. After two, or three or four minutes, the delay ends and 'clicks' are connected as normal during the rest of the day. If my memory is correct, this has happened on lesson pages too, also at the same time.

I figure the guys and and gals at GT are doing some kind of maintenance on the site at that time but I'm curious as to exactly what's going on. I've noticed the delay as early as 8:22 and, as I noted above, the 'puter just grinds away for a couple minutes until a connection is established. I've never noted this at any other time of day.

In my past life, we might have called this "shift change" but I doubt that's what this is about.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins