Guitar used in "Here Comes The Sun"

wha24246
wha24246
08/06/2019 12:13 am

Hi Mike

Can you tell me the make and model of the guitar that you used in the lesson for "Here Comes the Sun" please. I want to buy one.

Cheers

Ian

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/06/2019 1:04 pm

Hey Ian, that is an Ibaenz AE-series acoustic-electric. I sold it awhile ago so I'm not sure of the exact model. I believe Ibanez still has the AE series, but not in that color anymore.

Hope this helps!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
08/14/2019 9:10 pm

For anyone who might be interested ;-) here's my acoustic cover of Here Comes The Sun, using a backing track (with bass and drums only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GldfZqRtl-I&feature=youtu.be

I doubletracked it to try and get kind of a more fuller sound.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/14/2019 11:32 pm

Excellet job ---- sounds great!! Really nice playing Ricky!!!

Originally Posted by: rickymurphy

For anyone who might be interested ;-) here's my acoustic cover of Here Comes The Sun, using a backing track (with bass and drums only)

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
08/15/2019 6:01 am

Well done!

# 5
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
08/15/2019 8:47 am

Hi Mike and Andrew, thanks for the nice comments!

You see, Mike, that your lessons really help us out, but the most important : they deliver all us guitar lovin' people so much pleasure by giving us, mere mortals, the possibility to learn songs the way it should be : the correct and detailed way to play them. That's an unique experience nowhere to be found but with Guitar Tricks.

I have only 1 minor issue I don't like, that is that songs are taught with fade outs. I know this probably is because there are rights on the songs, but I wonder if you would do a live rendition of an outro, that this would violate the rights? For example, I am learning Candy by Iggy Pop now, and I love so much playing along, but at the end of the song it always feels like I can't "finish" off properly.

# 6
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/15/2019 1:51 pm

Ah - interesting point! I guess we do that to match the recorded version we are teaching. Occasionally we'll teach a live version of the tune if that's the more popular version (eg: Frampton Show Me The Way or Marino's Boom Boom Out Go The Lights).

I get it would feel more musically satisfying if we had crisp endings on all the fadeout songs, but it would require adding on some sort of short musical section that doesn't actually appear on the recorded version, and I think that would probably violate the publishing agreements.

At any rate, I will relay this to HQ and see what they say!

Thanks!

Mike

I have only 1 minor issue I don't like, that is that songs are taught with fade outs. I know this probably is because there are rights on the songs, but I wonder if you would do a live rendition of an outro, that this would violate the rights? For example, I am learning Candy by Iggy Pop now, and I love so much playing along, but at the end of the song it always feels like I can't "finish" off properly.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 7
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
08/16/2019 8:04 am

Thanks for your answer, Mike.

Yes, I am from Belgium, so my English is often not good enough to explain it very well, but as you describe it "more musically satisfying if we had crisp endings ", that says it all to my feeling.

If you take the example from Candy by Iggy Pop, it would only make a slight difference to achieve this, as this live version ends nicely, but easy (and does not differ much from the studio version song structure wise) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA1s6iJjt34

It has become a second nature of me, when a new song lesson is released, to look first if there is a definite ending. If it is, it is much more motivating for me to start learning.

Playing along to Keep Your Hands To Yourself would be so much more fun with a crisp ending. The same goes for the new REM song lesson, so nice to play along, but at the end there's that damn fade out ;-)

Just want to say, for me personnally, this (together with new ACDC lessons ;-) ) would be the last step to perfection from GT. But I don't want to sound negative in any way, as I am sooo happy with everything else here on GT. And I never and nowhere else found better lessons than here on GT.

Thanks,

Ricky

# 8
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
08/16/2019 11:53 am
Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Ah - interesting point! I guess we do that to match the recorded version we are teaching. Occasionally we'll teach a live version of the tune if that's the more popular version (eg: Frampton Show Me The Way or Marino's Boom Boom Out Go The Lights).

I get it would feel more musically satisfying if we had crisp endings on all the fadeout songs, but it would require adding on some sort of short musical section that doesn't actually appear on the recorded version, and I think that would probably violate the publishing agreements.

At any rate, I will relay this to HQ and see what they say!

Thanks!

Mike

Up until recently I had only heard Frampton's live version! I stubled his stdio version on his "Acoustic Classics" album - beautifull acoustic guitar - simple but effective.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.