You Shook my hand off, Tom!!

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
05/21/2019 9:57 pm

But man..........it's so worth it!! Seriously...........Jimmy Page's study on his use to not just the pentatonic and superior following of chord changes and pre-bends and great use of chromatics but his energy and tone as well!! I keep on and on about your Buddy Guy solo tutorial......this Jimmy Page lesson may be the best one out there!! This song is over a half century old (for Led Zeppelin) and look and hear how so very timeless and great it is standing up to time!! You're absolutely correct on what you state at the beginning here, T.F.........anyone who really wants to shine their chops and leapfrog into the next level of superior guitar soloing needs to bear down and get all of this solo down plus dedicate themselves to understanding where it's all coming from and then embrace it all into their own playing!! Absolutely a masterful instructional piece here Tom.......slide and soloing and the real energy and feel of this great rock and roll band!! My fretting hand is aching but I'm wearing a big smile!! Jim C.

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/22/2019 3:32 pm

Right on Jim,

So glad that you are digging the lesson! I grew up on Led Zepelin and Page has a special place in my heart. He has it all and I was more than happy to teach this song! Keep it up and that fretting hand will just keep getting stronger!! :-D

Cheers, Tom

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
05/23/2019 3:18 am

I somehow get the impression you practiced this nice solo all the way through at least once (OK........maybe twice!!) before you taught it on video Tom!! I am joking here......it does slowly get a bit more comfortable........good thing I too grew up admiring the heck out of J.P. as well!! Mike Olesky has a neat study on Page as a separate course and I'm telling anyone reading this........go to both and grasp on with both hands and get all this phenomenal material down!! It actually takes work............it's a labor of love but Tom you are correct sir when you coach us at the end of the second play through on the solo about taking it all in and think through having the final results down and the fun and impression this shall make!! Definitely not a beginner course but you also don't leave us hanging on the many nuances and cool techniques!! Now.....back to it again!! Jim C.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.