Crossroads second solo

man.tanner
man.tanner
02/23/2019 6:20 pm

I'm just wondering Bout the tabs of the second solo theres a couple places that dont seem to match up (could also be my inexperience) in the first phrase where you hit the g string once then the b string 3 times then the high e the tabs show alternating 2 on the b string and 2 on the high e Also the double stop section seems to be giving me trouble I'm not 100% sure what strings you're hitting and in the tabs it says you hit the second string 17th fret but in the video you dont mention it also when you repeat the phrase 3 times I'm not sure where it starts and where it ends(when I was looking through the tabs nothing seemed to repeat) to clarify also is bars 8,9,10 that I'm having an issue with

# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/28/2019 10:14 pm

Hi there,

The phrase you are asking about is tabbed correctly to what I played on the clip/playthrough. It is a very fast phrase of 16th notes that I didn't quite play how I intended to. So If you watch the breakdown, I play it exactly, at least a couple of times. There will always be a certain level of error when playing things this fast, very difficult to be 100% at this speed! :)

As far as the double stops go, ignore the B string as it is unintentional! This happens sometimes in this sort of fast double-stop barring, you'll accidentally play an extra string. Doesn't sound bad! As far as the timing, Clapton plays this phrase off and around the beat, so the timing is tricky! I suggest you listen to him play it a bunch of times, maybe slow it down, and get as close as you can. Took me a while to figure it out!

Good luck, Tom

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.