From the beginning

kvsealegs
kvsealegs
08/26/2018 2:51 pm

Yes, from the beginning, I knew you were the most awesome instructor anywhere on the internet! You have a unique ability to break down songs into understandable chunks, impart the timing, and technique required to play songs.

But I digress, I am actually talking about the song "From the Beginning", by ELP. I just wanted to let you know what an amazing job you did with this song. As a 3 year beginner, it is still a lot above my skill level, but it has so many elements that I desperately need to learn. And you really do such a great job, breaking down all the elements into something I can follow and learn. Like probably many of the guitar enthusiasts on here, I don't play professionally in a band or with others, and typically for my own enjoyment, so I really dig the songs that you can play without accompaniment, and still be able to recognize the song. Maybe when I learn to use the looper, I can be able to enjoy some of the layered elements of play....

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some feedback and tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy your masterful ability to teach these complicated songs. You are a real treasure! I really miss your group sessions and sadly enough, look forward to my next layoff when I can have some time of my own. Now, I am just happy to have your videos that I can play when I have a few scraps of time!

Thanks Mike, keep on doing what you do so well !!!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/27/2018 5:19 pm

Hey Kevin, great to hear from you - hope all is well!! Thanks for the kind words! Hope to see you back on the sessions soon!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
09/14/2018 2:26 pm
Originally Posted by: Mike Olekshy

Hey Kevin, great to hear from you - hope all is well!! Thanks for the kind words! Hope to see you back on the sessions soon!

Mike

Mike: I realize you draw a living as an instructor and have bills to pay like we all do but next in line just has to be complimentary words such as this from Kevin (or me for that matter), no!!?? I still maintain I requested this Greg Lake tune over a year ago (I even saved my song request to GuitarTricks calling this ELP song the greatest acoustic rock tune ever or right up there with "Stairway" or even "Behind Blues Eyes" and several others......nothing's purely acoustic in rock......maybe some Paul Simon but now I too digress here). Comments like this has to motivate you even deeper!! Learning great guitar is vital to so many and Kevin or even me really appreciate GuitarTrick's method of delivering great lessons and keeping annual membership fees at a minimum thanks to enrolling many members. Private lessons are just out of the question for many of us!! Still anxiously awaiting the Pete Townsend study however.......this one definitely came off my request and from your great WHO tune studies I predict this course will be a killer......I just expected it to be out by now so I could finally make you stop rolling your eyes every time I harp about it taking so long!! Pete has that phenomenal gift of riffing and pulling apart rhythm guitar sections that makes playing rhythm guitar such a completely new animal!! Jim C.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/15/2018 1:09 pm

Thanks as always Jim!!

I still have no word on when the Pete rollout will be, but I'm crossing my fingers it will be soon!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.