No Matter What

stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
06/07/2018 3:13 am

Hey Mike, On this song by Badfinger could you tell me without much trouble how to arrange this and play with one guitar .I love the song and the lesson. One other question, and i may asked this before in one way or another. After going through all of the fundemental courses I've been mainly learning songs and putting them in my favorites, but most of them i don't remember well enough to play through unless i'm looking at on the site. I feel like i need to be working on other stuff like speed or scales or technique but i'm not sure where my main trouble spots are Sometimes i think may need a coach to help get me the right stuff and put me on a path.... Thanks your for dedication in teaching guitar, i love the lessons!

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/07/2018 3:13 pm

Hi Steven!

As a guitar coach, I always recommend to have a good balance between focused practice of your fundamentals (picking, strumming, rhythm, and scales) and working on learning songs and building your repertoire. It's always a great idea to work with a metronome when you are practicing the fundamentals, since it will keep you honest about your sense of timing, and it is easier to track your progress.

As for No Matter What --- I'd play the main riff for the first verse/chorus cycle, then switch to the arpeggiated parts after that. The beauty of this song is that both parts sound great at any time in the arrangement, so you literally could just mix and match the parts as you see fit!!

Let me know how it goes!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
06/08/2018 3:02 am

One other question Mike. What are your thoughts on hybrid picking in this song, like at the end on guitar 3. I find myself wanting to hybrid pick on songs where the lesson does not call for it. I know its a free country and all, but i was just wondering what you think about that tone. I know a pick has a more percussive sound but sometimes i like that more seamless tone i think i get using some fingers.....Thanks Mike!

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/08/2018 1:51 pm

Absolutely! I often find myself doing that kind of thing automatically without thinking about it. As long as you're happy with the tone you're getting, by all means that sounds like a great plan!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
06/09/2018 2:20 am

Thanks for the comeback, Later Mike!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.