Reeling In the Years Inset shows wrong hand

boigman
boigman
04/22/2016 7:54 pm
Hi, Tom. I posted this in the Guitar Tricks Site forum and they suggested I post here as well.

I was looking at the "Hook" lesson from Reeling In The Years hoping to see the right hand picking pattern. But the inset video shows the left hand, same as the main video.

Thanks for the great lesson, anyway.

--Dave
# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/27/2016 5:27 am
Hi Dave. Yes, I just watched the lesson with the "hook" and you're right, there are times when the split screen could have included my right hand instead of my face. You can see both hands in the wide shot. My suggestion is to watch the wide shots and get the pick pattern there. Then apply that pattern to the sections that don't show the right hand. I hope this helps... What a great song!

Enjoy and good luck, Tom :)
# 2
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/27/2016 5:30 am
Hi Dave. Yes, I just watched the lesson with the "hook" and you're right, there are times when the split screen could have included my right hand instead of my face or my left hand again. Sorry about that :(

You can see both hands in the wide shot. My suggestion is to watch the wide shots and get the picking pattern there, Then apply that pattern to the sections that don't show the right hand. I hope this helps, it's pretty repetitious! What a great song :)

Enjoy and good luck, Tom~
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.