suggested song order

dg100
dg100
04/10/2016 11:23 pm
Hi Mike

Finally after a long break, back here on GT.. still at starting-beginner level. I wanted to just sit & have some fun so went to beginner songs. Found your Can't get no satisfaction and had an absolute blast completely & practicing it a few times today. I really enjoy your teaching style.. for the songs you've authored here, do you have a suggested order on the 1st few to go through in order of difficulty? (ie: putting any songs with barre chords after the easy 1's like the 1 above)..

Thanks,
Dave
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/11/2016 5:56 pm
Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words!

Yes, check out all the Made Easy songs first ... while there are lots that stick to open chords, there's a surprising amount of them that actually use barre chords (F major and B minor for example).

Once you've gone through that list, than the regular Easy songs are a great next step to try some more advanced concepts and techniques. Usually those songs have an acoustic guitar or rhythm electric guitar that sticks to a basic chord progression or riff throughout.

Let me know how it goes!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
dg100
dg100
04/11/2016 8:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Mike OlekshyHey Dave, thanks for the kind words!

Yes, check out all the Made Easy songs first ... while there are lots that stick to open chords, there's a surprising amount of them that actually use barre chords (F major and B minor for example).

Once you've gone through that list, than the regular Easy songs are a great next step to try some more advanced concepts and techniques. Usually those songs have an acoustic guitar or rhythm electric guitar that sticks to a basic chord progression or riff throughout.

Let me know how it goes!
Mike

Great.. thanks Mike!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.