You Tricked Me

johnv31552
johnv31552
03/03/2016 9:43 pm
Hey Mike, I wasn't aware that you did two versions of I can't get no satisfaction. Took my time to practice it and got the easy version no problem. Now I am working on the harder version. So far so good. This isn't a question about the lesson, but I noticed you were playing a Seagull Acoustic Electric on part of it and also a Gibson Les Paul. I envy someone that actually owns a Gibson Les Paul. If you ever want to donate it to an old fart on Social Security,. let me know. LOL... Seriously here's my question: I am looking for an acoustic for playing around the campfire this summer, and I tent camp so no electric. Do you like that Seagull Acoustic and what model is it? I have been debating between that and a Takamine. How is the action? My Keith Urban Night Star came with a very low action from the factory and I love playing it. Switched to 10 46 Dadarrio Strings, and it's great. How do you like your Seagull? It must have a low action for me. Thanks Mike
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/04/2016 12:29 am
Ha! That is a Seagull Artist Peppino Signature ... I actually borrowed that guitar off of a friend for the Satisfaction tutorial.

It's designed for fingerpicking players - the neck is pretty wide and the strings are more spaced apart on it. I like the guitar - the action is nice and low, but I would caution you to try before you buy, as the wider neck is quite different than what you'd find on most acoustics.

Hope this helps, good luck with your search for a campfire acoustic!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
johnv31552
johnv31552
03/04/2016 11:58 am
Thanks for the quick answer. I will look into it. I like the idea of a wider neck because I have fairly long fingers. I will have to find one and play it, but since I plan on eventually doin some fingerpicking, it might be just the guitar. Thanks for the help.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.