Hitch A Ride

Majorob
Full Access
Majorob
Full Access
07/06/2015 11:08 pm
Mike,

Thanks for the Boston songs and your time spent on the series. I love Boston but am running the Wife and Cats away when I practice as it is all I practice, my wife asks if I can play far away, I don't know the song...

Seriously,
I have learned all parts to Hitch A Ride, and others all be it slower than the tempo, but I have learned. I can not keep up with the tempo of Hitch A Ride when you play the full song. When I practice on my own, I get lost with the various parts etc.

My question:

Would you please recommend a way for me to play single guitar through the entire song, at a much slower tempo, so I may assemble all of the segments to get them in the correct order?

I know, sounds silly, but I guess it is the way I learn.

I hope you continue to add the Boston songs as I like your teaching style and of course the band Boston.

Regards,

Rob Austin
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2015 3:48 pm
Hey Rob!

I wish there was a way to slow down the performance videos within the player on the site, but unfortunately that feature is not available.

I would suggest doing a google search to find a freeware mp3 player that has the ability to slow down songs without affecting the pitch. That way, you could slow down the original recorded version of the song and play along with it. I'm a Mac guy, and I use Quicktime Player Version 7 which has this feature.

It could also be helpful to write down a roadmap for yourself. It doesn't have to be a formal chart, but just an outline that when you follow along, reminds you which section or part is coming next in the arrangement. A song like this moves through several guitar parts, all with tone changes, so there is a lot to keep track of!

I would recommend practicing the song all the way through at a slow tempo frequently. Eventually, your muscle memory will take over, and it will become easier and easier to play all the way through up to tempo. Then you could simply play along with the performance videos in the tutorial.

Hope these suggestions help you out - please let me know how it goes!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
Majorob
Full Access
Majorob
Full Access
07/07/2015 4:41 pm
Mike,

I want to thank you for the time spent on the reply and the detail. I have been working towards all of your suggestions and have down loaded Riff Station.

By the way, I am a guitar manufacturer and make some special guitars. Mike Molinda from GP states they are a revolution to the guitar world. You can get in touch with me via Guitar Tricks.
# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2015 5:26 pm
Hey Rob, checked out your Aero3 website ... very cool!!! The strats look beautiful - awesome man!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
Majorob
Full Access
Majorob
Full Access
07/08/2015 2:02 am
Mike,

I am an Aero Space Engineer, I have been working in the airline industry for most of my adult life with exception of my tour with the U.S. Army. What I have designed and have a patent for, a full size guitar manufactured with traditional materials and mixed with aero space products like Carbon. The guitar weighs a little over half the weight of traditional. However, the tactile response and sound, have shown to have marked improvement. Also, since it is chambered, you can play on stage at full volume with no unwanted feedback. Other than the weight, you would never know it is a chambered guitar. You would also never know it was manufactured from anything other than traditional materials.

By the way, I do appreciate the amount of effort you applied in construction of the videos you create, especially the Boston series. And, it is not much, but I would like to thank you and GT for creating a method at which I can attempt to understand and play the music I enjoy.

Finally, if you want to discuss a guitar, I will be happy to take care of you with the expenses. Just a way of saying thanks. There is a wait like all other manufactures. However, we are ramping up production in the Scottsdale area and will also continue production in greater Seattle to speed production.

Rob
# 5
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/08/2015 4:06 pm
Rob, thanks so much for the kind words. I have a blast learning and teaching those classic tunes!

I would be interested in talking to you further about your guitars ... I tried sending you a private message here on GT but it wouldn't let me. I'll try sending you an email through your website.

Thanks!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 6
Majorob
Full Access
Majorob
Full Access
07/08/2015 6:25 pm
[email]robaustin@aero3guitars.com[/email]
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.