Originally Posted by: orion1237bThanks very much for your insight:) I finally got it sorted out with the help of Dan Doiron of Roland Canada. I now have the ability to turn on or off the peamps and S/R of the GT100 by just pressing the A or B pedals on my BOSS FS6. I can use this method globally (with every patch). Of course, once I turn the GT100 off everything is returned to it's saved state. If I want to make the change permanent I just perform the write function. This is what I was after all along. Now it works the way I want it to. Again thanks for your help!
For anyone that is interested this is how I accomplished this, thanks to Dan Doiron of Roland Canada:
1) Plug the FS6 into the SUBCTL/EXP jack with a 1\4 inch TRS patch chord. Plug the remaining end into the A&B jack on the back of the FS6.
2) Set the MODE switches on the FS6 to FS-5U (MOMENTARY).
3)Set the POLARITY switches on the FS6 to the left (same position as you used on the MODE switches).
4) On the GT100 you can assign the function of turning the GT100 preamps on or off at will. Same with the S/R. Here's how
5) Press the SYSTEM button on the GT100
6) Rotate knob 4 to highlight PREF (Preferences)
7) Press PAGE> (Page right) to select page 2
8) Rotate knob 6 to change SUB-CTL 1 from PATCH to SYSTEM
9) Rotate knob 7 to change SUB-CTL 2 from PATCH TO SYSTEM
This will now ensure that the SUB CTL 1 & 2 always perform the function assigned to them on EVEY PATCH. Now we will assign those functions
10) To set the SUBCTL 1 TO TURN THE PREAMPS ON OR OFF press the CTL/EXP button.
11) Rotate knob 4 to highlight SUB CTL 1
12) Rotate knob 5 until PREAMP is selected.
13) Rotate knob 6 to set MIN to OFF
14) Rotate knob 7 to set MAX TO ON
15) Rotate knob 8 to set SOURCE MODE to TOGGLE
Now to set SUBCTL 2 to turn the S/R (EFFECTS LOOP) ON and OFF:
16) Press the CTL/EXP button
17) Rotate knob 4 to select SUBCTL 2
18) Rotate knob 5 until SEND/RETURN is selected
19) Rotate knob 6 to set MIN to OFF
20) Rotate knob 7 to set MAX to ON
21) Rotate knob 8 to set SOURCE MODE to TOGGLE
That's it! Be aware that once you turn your GT100 off, the changes made to a patch (preamp on/off or S/R on/off will revert back to their previous state). The pedal functions we just assigned are still there. No worries:) If you wanted to keep the changes on a patch just perform the write function. That's about it. With thanks to Dan Doiron of Roland Canada!