I Feel the Earth Move

horanke
horanke
06/24/2014 9:48 pm
Mike, big fan of yours! I've been a member of Guitartricks for the last few years and have been playing for over 35 years. Although my style ranges from everything from classic hard rock to the heavier stuff, I also play the softer melodic stuff as well just for a change of pace. I was looking on-line to catch the chords to Carole King's "I Feel the Earth Move" and wouldn't you know, I caught a random YouTube video from a few years back of this particular guy playing an awesome acoustic version of the song with a girl with an awesome voice. After about a minute, it finally dawned on me that this awesome acoustic version was played by you! I would love it if by any chance you or someone from your team could do an instructional version of this song. I'd be very grateful! Thanks for all your videos...even after all of my years of playing, I still pick up helpful techniques and am able to improve my playing with the help of your detailed instruction. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kevin
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/25/2014 1:30 am
Hey thanks Kevin! Thanks for the kind words. As for that video, ha! it takes me back a few years:)

That tune is a fun one to adapt for acoustic. Unfortunately, as far as the website here goes, there is a lengthy approval process with music publishers in order to clear songs for use. Your best bet is to request the tune in the Song Request Forum, and hopefully the 'powers at be' can make it happen. I would love to teach it!

Keep rockin'!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
horanke
horanke
06/25/2014 8:14 pm
Thanks for the quick reply, Mike. Actually, I just figured it out after about 30 minutes of getting down the chord changes from non-capo to capo (your version). Plagiarism/copying is the best form of flattery! Thanks again. P.S. I foresee a lesson on Boston's Smokin' in your near playlist based on your other superb Boston lessons. I already have that one down (badger0066 on You Tube) as well as your other Boston songs you have already posted. Keep up the great work, my friend. Your playing is addictive!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.