Kid in a candy store... (well AMS)

The Mando
The Mando
09/12/2013 10:00 pm
I went nuts... and bought myself a bunch'a of stuff... (haven't figured how to upload photo's yet) I wheeled and dealed and got a GREAT deal...IMO. Xmas came early!

Gibson Les Paul Signature T, w/Min-ETune (wine red)... $1830
Epi Les Paul Plus Top PRO (vintage sunburst)... $389
Fender Acoustic/Electric (black)... $220
Digitech RP1000... $299
Fender Frontman 212R amp... $350
Line6 G50 wireless unit... $299
Loxx chrome strap-locks (LOVE EM!)... $17ea.

I had a luthier "set up" the guitars... and I'm now equipped WAY beyond my playing abilities (incentive to get better quick)...PRACTICE. Each one of these products is EXCELLENT... per my luthier. Even the Epi LP. They exceed my expectations... all have warranty. I pitted GC against AMS... AMS won. No credit check...no interest...free shipping...free extended warranty...and 12 month payment plan. Couldn't have been easier. And my credit SUCKED!

While the Gibson is much "smoother" to play... I find I enjoy both LP's equally. And, of course, they're BEAUTIFUL just to look at.

Now to find a band... hehehe...

The Mando
# 1
IzzyPhoreal
IzzyPhoreal
09/13/2013 12:19 pm
You done good Mando, now its time for woodshedding.

Get to work!

Izzy
# 2
The Mando
The Mando
09/13/2013 10:18 pm
Woodshedding? I'll assume the obvious... that it means buckling down and get to work?!!! :-)

...why didn't I start this when I was 20 yrs old?.....dangit...
# 3
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
09/19/2013 5:21 am
Mando... with all the gear you bought, there might be one piece that's missing... do you have a "beat box", like Korg's Pandora or a BOSS DR 880, or BOSS JS 10? It really helps to have some sort of unit with built in guitar effects that you can just plug into, that has drums and bass patterns you can jam too, or, can play backing tracks. You might find that you can plug into your computer for this purpose, but I've found that I prefer a stand-alone unit that I can just turn on, plug into, and start jamming right away.

Some are pricey, (like the JS10) but I think the Pandora is pretty affordable. You might be able to find something like an older Pandora on ebay or Craigslist pretty cheap. I have a BOSS DR 880 which I love, and also the JS10 which I just got recently. The JS10 plays MP3 and .wav files. Its expensive in my opinion for what it is (current street price is $429, I found one used locally for $200) but it is great for jamming to. If find that while the JS10 sounds great in the headphones, its amplified output isn't very thrilling... passable, but barely. But it is great for jamming to backing tracks, and there's tons of free tracks you can download on-line. The DR 880 is just a drum/bass beat box that allows to program your own patterns as well. Its pricey too, which is why I'd recommend you check out the Pandora. Anyways, just thought you might be interested as any one of those devices will really help with your pursuit of lead guitar playing.
# 4

10/28/2013 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: The MandoI went nuts... and bought myself a bunch'a of stuff... (haven't figured how to upload photo's yet) I wheeled and dealed and got a GREAT deal...IMO. Xmas came early!

Digitech RP1000... $299

I had a luthier "set up" the guitars... and I'm now equipped WAY beyond my playing abilities (incentive to get better quick)...PRACTICE. Each one of these products is EXCELLENT... per my luthier. Even the Epi LP. They exceed my expectations... all have warranty. I pitted GC against AMS... AMS won. No credit check...no interest...free shipping...free extended warranty...and 12 month payment plan. Couldn't have been easier. And my credit SUCKED!

While the Gibson is much "smoother" to play... I find I enjoy both LP's equally. And, of course, they're BEAUTIFUL just to look at.

The Mando
thats sounds awsome,good luck with ur new toys.hey btw whats ur address.lol....but seriouly the les paul stnd t needed a setup too,thats not right straight out the box should be ready to play,with out any adjustments.what dealer did you use,if you dont mind me asking..... ok i see you went with ams good choice,yeah i agree they make it real easy.the funny thing is gc says not only will they macth prices,but they will beat anyones price....so what was that adress again hahahaha,enjoy ur self u only life once,have you ever tried prs guitars......just for measure.....
# 5
fretsmith
fretsmith
11/16/2013 8:32 pm
Sounds like you're set up nicely..congrats. I'm just curious as to why, if you're going to buy 2 guitars, you picked 2 pauls? There's a LOT of $400 guitars out there that would have offered an alternate sonic palette to the Gibson LP. just curious ...
# 6

12/12/2013 1:23 pm
Originally Posted by: The MandoI went nuts... and bought myself a bunch'a of stuff... (haven't figured how to upload photo's yet) I wheeled and dealed and got a GREAT deal...IMO. Xmas came early!

Digitech RP1000... $299

The Mando

I HAVE THE NEED FOR SPEED,NO NOT THAT KINDA OF SPEED.I MAY BE GOIN TO THAT CANDY STORE TOO.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.