Manic Depression

Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
04/20/2013 5:51 pm
Tom, Great job on teaching this song. Jimi has always been a favorite of mine, I am glad Guitar Tricks is mixing it up a little better on the song requests. To keep everyone happy they can go to the 60;s and 70;s and then come to the present tunes for the younger guys. This way its fair for all. You teach well and you look like you are having fun also..........Pete
For What It's Worth
# 1
Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
05/17/2013 5:25 pm
Still working on this tune, I have most of it down, some knee surgery set me back. You do a great job on this tune Tom. I got to see the man in 1967, I think it was Hunter College. Really it feels like a dream as the 60;s were something else. He played great the night I seen him and he was always my favorite. He was a paratrooper in the Army and that's what I did as I felt I would follow in his foot steps. Too bad he died at such a early age. When he started he did not know nothing of drugs, but as we all know he fell into them. I cant say I was a saint, I did my fair share of partying. I just sit back and think what he would be playing today. I am thinking he would roll more towards the blues scene. Thanks for doing this tune and hope to see more of Jimi.......Pete
For What It's Worth
# 2
Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
05/17/2013 5:47 pm
In the video where you need to bend the D to match the E, I go to bend the D note, instead of just bending the 3rd string by itself my hand wants to move the E on the 2nd string. Is there any way to correct this, Maybe my thumb is not placed right or something else going on. When I bend that 3rd string which is D to match the E on the second string, my fingers want to bend that second string also. I am thinking maybe someone or yourself can give me some advice
For What It's Worth
# 3
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/18/2013 1:08 am
Hi there, you might try a little "reverse psychology" on yourself. Try bending the second string down or away as you bend the third string up! This may give your body enough of the message it needs. If you end up actually bending the second string down when you try this, make it less of a bend until it just stays put. This should help....

Good luck, this is a classic riff that is well worth the time and effort and once you get you'll have it for life!!!

:)
# 4
Sgt Tee
Sgt Tee
05/18/2013 4:47 pm
Thanks Tom, I tried that, Does not work for me, If I bend the 3rd string and come in late with the 2nd I can do it, But that second finger wants to go with the third. Lots of bad habits need to be broken. Some instructor told me what to do when I run into this problem, but it was a different situation. I will just practice this part for awhile and see if it comes.......Pete
For What It's Worth
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.