what's a zip file and....

johnnyasteroid
johnnyasteroid
12/21/2012 7:29 pm
I am getting too old. Can anyone tell me what a zip file is? I downloaded two lyrics using zip. I was going to post these two lyrics as a download attachment to songwriting forum and maybe even to this forum hereof but, both times I downloaded using zip, i clicked on the attachemnt to open it and everything was fine, lo and behold there were the two lyrics however, this open file also showed my entire page to documents, scanned objects, downloads, new files etc. When I clicked on my document and scanned objects all my 32 years worth of songs were displayed whereof I then proceeded to click on different songs thereof and each song opened? I do not want to show all my songs and more importantly, I sure don't want anyone having ability to delete them or have access to my pc? Am I being paranoid and perhaps the reason why I can open all my files is just because I am using my own PC? I am using windows seven ultimate-perhaps there is a glitch? Any advice?? Thanks!!! P.S. I did delete the 'Ethiopian Princess' lyric and also,' I really have this thing for you.' Sorry!!!
# 1
scottkuen1
scottkuen1
12/21/2012 9:12 pm
Basically, a zip file is a file that's been compressed using the "zip" format so that it takes up less space. A zip file can contain one or more other files within it. It sounds like you may have created a zip file that contains allot more than the two songs you wanted to deal with.
I think you need to get the two songs out of the zip file. I think if you right click on the zip file you will see an "extract" option or something like that. Then you can either upload the two individually or create a new zip file with just the two songs.

You don't have to worry about anyone having access to your computer, but, if you upload that zip file you mentioned you will be uploading all of your files for others to see.
# 2
johnnyasteroid
johnnyasteroid
12/23/2012 6:51 pm
Wanted to write a brief message to thank you for respondng to my query. Its very much appreciated and its not too often now a days when someone writes to help the other person!!! dan [email]deltedison@yahoo.com[/email] aka johnnyasteroid
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.