For Beatles Fans

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/27/2012 4:39 pm
This started out as a private message for a member who expressed love for the Beatles music and was an early fan of the band. But the PM feature is turned off so here it is for all the forum ;) :

I saw this ( http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/11/26/_please_please_me_50th_anniversary_how_the_beatles_recorded_their_first.html ) and thought of your post in early October.

From the url, "Starting today, Brow Beat will follow the Beatles every week in “real time,” 50 years later, from their first chart-topper to their final rooftop concert. We begin with the Fab Four’s first No. 1 hit, “Please Please Me,” recorded on Nov. 26, 1962"
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/30/2012 8:08 pm
Hey John,
PM feature is turned on, but certain people might turn it off on their own account.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/01/2012 1:17 am
Yup...that's what I meant.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
07/19/2013 1:43 pm
Vampire thread...it won't die!!

I know the two posts below have little to do with guitar and to the more cynical and jaded (guilty) this post may look like a promo. But those of you who have it bad for the Beatles will understand why this post. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Linda P! :D

The 60's is probably my favorite R&R era and although I liked the Beatles well enough I didn't have the love for them that this author expresses. I find these posts to be touching and heart warming and they stirred some great memories of my own. The affection expressed for the Beatles in the posts moves me even more because I know the author was born while the Beatles were on their final tour...in other words she fell in love with the Beatles long after they were gone from the active music scene.

Yup! Touching and heart warming and extra special for me 'cause the author is a much loved sister-in-law of mine. I think you old farts out there (guilty again!) might get a little misty-eyed...

http://kkyr.com/my-first-love-the-beatles-videos/

http://kkyr.com/1964-the-tribute-this-weekend-at-the-perot/
-- Chet Atkins
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.