View post (Your progress?)

View thread

compart1
compart1
11/03/2012 9:33 pm
Well my progress is a long story..
I've been trying sence I was 12.. First guitar was, I think, Kay a spanish arch top. No guitar or music background in the family. No idea how to pick out a guitar. the action so high I never got past the pains stage or a chord if I even leard what a chord was.
Then went to drums, then bass. (Danelctro) I managed to keep up in Kids garage band.
From there I went into the military. Music stopped there for awhile.
After the navy I got married and decided to try guitar again.. I think that was an Ovation.. About sixth lesson I cut the tip of 3 fingers on my left hand. Don't ya know that the cuts where perfectly parallel with the guitar strings. Yipes, time to quit again.
Years later when my kids got into the hair bands I tried again. Also tried getting my daughter into music.. Well the lesson started out good. Not a lot of therory. Just making some music with some power chord. Love the teacher, but he decided to move to Dallas for better oppurtunities. Those were the Kramer Striker days. I had the Kramer (Roland DAC15 effects amp) for a good while but never got far in learning. Sold the Kramer when I was short on cash one summer.
Well, on to the Yamaha 12 string. I had a Mexican friend that was going to teach me but all he did was change the tuning and play his style. Sold him the guitar. Got what I paid for it.
I had my oldest daughter Macco (Korean) guitar for some times and manages do learn a bit, but never kept with it for very long. Gave that back to her for her boys.
Now to my present guitars and GUITAR TRICKS. I got an Alverez just to mess around with. Learned a bit more and strumming chords. Just had to redo the finger pain thing. I got a Tele after awhile and line 6 pocket pod..
Then along came GUITAR TRICKS.. I've been a full member off and on but never settled into a seriuos routine. Finally I was able to purchase a full year when I caught the $99 special..
Now I can't say I'm on a roll, but I've gone back to refresh myself on fundamentals 1 and finish up 2, get all the ones I've finished marked off. Which I am approimately 1/2 thourgh. I even have the F chord satisfactory.. Transiton in and out of the B is in process..
I still have not settle a genre direction. I just love anything guitar any most any kind of music..

Thanks Jon, Chris, Neil, Lisa, Hanpeter, Anders, and all the other instructors I didn't mention. You all do an awesome job
Yehaw GUITAR TRICKS