Hot rOD lINCOLN

Jim S.
Jim S.
05/31/2012 12:59 am
Tom I am currently learning Hot Rod Lincoln. Any recommendations on guitar slides? Jim S.
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
06/01/2012 8:06 pm
Hi Jim,

I'm moving this to Tom's forum so the question gets heard.

Personally, I like brass slides because they're heavy and weigh down on the strings well.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
Neal Walter
Neal Walter
06/19/2012 12:22 am
Hey Jim,

Tom is currently on tour in Europe with Big Brother and the Holding Company, I'm sure he'll get back to you when he returns.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 3
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/27/2012 8:29 pm
Hi Jim, sorry for the delay in my response. I just got back from a couple of weeks on tour in Europe! :)

As far as slides go, it depends on the song, the guitar your playing and your personal preference! For Hot Rod Lincoln I used a glass slide because my Tele has very low action, the glass slide is light, and the slide parts in the song are all on the treble strings which have the least resistance.
In contrast, I used a brass slide on Slow Ride because, as Neal mentioned, the brass slides are heavier and give more weight to the strings. On that song I played my 335 with heavier strings and higher action so the brass slide has more resistance. Also, the parts are more on the bass strings which also offer more resistance.
So, there are a number of factors involved in finding the right slide. I have a collection of slides and when time comes I try them all out to find the best fit for the musical situation! Happy sliding...

Tom~
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.